Ibanez Pickups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez Pickups

Anyone ever tryed the Ibanez V8 S1 V7 pickups ?
    They come on ibanez prestige and I have a set of them.
    I was thinking in changing the pickups in one of my charvels for this ones ?
    what do you think about it ?

Thanks Diego
    sigpicPlayForFun

What's in the Charvel now?

The V7's and V8's are pretty meh. Nothing special at all. I liked the older V1's and V2's but they are not as good as a set of DiMarzios. Stock pickups, nothing special.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Stock pickups made by DiMarzio for Ibanez they are OK for the most part.Very good in the mahogony bodied RG's
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I have the original J-90C on the charvel.
        I don't know why but they don't sound so good to me. They sound kind of thin tiny (don't have much body) and don't have very good harmonics pinch.

The reviews I ve read on them on this forum say otherwise. But they are not working for me.
        I tried lowering them and is the same

Diego
        sigpicPlayForFun

Comment

Try them. You might like them better.
          I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

If the J-90 c is tagged made in the USA its a killer pickup, the later import ones are good too The J-90C is a ceramic pickup so it will haves some bite.
            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego View Post
              I have the original J-90C on the charvel.
              I don't know why but they don't sound so good to me. They sound kind of thin tiny (don't have much body) and don't have very good harmonics pinch.

The reviews I ve read on them on this forum say otherwise. But they are not working for me.
              I tried lowering them and is the same
              Could it be possible that it's only running off one coil (i.e. singlecoil mode)?

Comment

Working...
              X