Show me your battery boxes!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Show me your battery boxes!

I'm looking to route an old ESP M-II (strat style) out for one (9v only), and am having a hard time finding pics to use for ideas on the placement.

*chirp chirp* *chirp chirp*

Comment

Go to Stewmac and search battery boxes.
      I don't recall the exact model, but Gotoh makes a single and a double 9v box.
      Same one Jackson uses.

Edit: It might be AllParts.
      Been a while since I had to buy one.
      -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
        Go to Stewmac and search battery boxes.
        I don't recall the exact model, but Gotoh makes a single and a double 9v box.
        Same one Jackson uses.

Edit: It might be AllParts.
        Been a while since I had to buy one.
        I've got one already, I was just trying to decide where on the back of the guitar to put it and how the orientation should be.

Comment

Here is mine:

DARK METAL

Comment

-Rick

Comment

Rick that one looks like a winner. I just have to make sure it is far back enough that I don't run into the trem recess.
              Last edited by Axewielder; 06-09-2008, 04:42 PM.

Comment

If the control cavity is big enough to hold it, I wouldn't route for just one 9v.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Didn't I see someone selling a cover for the control cavity that had a pop out box for the battery?

Comment

That would be Dave (www.fretsonthenet.com)
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                      If the control cavity is big enough to hold it, I wouldn't route for just one 9v.
                      Ease of swapping batteries is why I did it.
                      I HATE taking the control covers off. I always seem to lose the damn screws.
                      -Rick

Comment

Ease of swapping batteries is why I did it.
                        I HATE taking the control covers off. I always seem to lose the damn screws.
                        +1!! I think it's a nice mod which also avoids stripped screws (argh!) I found a pic of a KH-20, and am going to try to duplicate it, as my cavity cover arrangement is very similar.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas all, the EMG conversion is complete. I've played EMG's before, but this is my first EMG-equipped axe (81/SA). So far I am really enjoying the guitar with these mods, it has a piercing lead sound but there is plenty of "beef down below" as well. The battery box part of the project came together great, too.

Comment

Very nice...
                            Looks like you went with the Gotoh battery box.
                            -Rick

Comment

Very nice...
                              Looks like you went with the Gotoh battery box.
                              Yeah, I ordered it through Stew Mac not knowing the make (they don't seem to advertise that fact). But, it is in fact a Gotoh.

Comment

Working...
                              X