jackson professional series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jackson professional series

are the jacksons that have professional wrote in cursive on the headstock made in the usa ? or are they made over seas the 1990 catologe i have says they were made at the charvel plant where was the charvel plant? japan mabe?

They are made in Japan.

Comment

They are made in Japan, but incredibly high quality.

Comment

Clarification:

Not ALL models that said Professional on the headstock are of incredibly high quality. Only the neckthroughs made from 1990-1994 (identified by their serial numbers starting with J0 for 1990 through J4 for 1994) and the bolt-ons made from 1990-1992 (identified by their 6-digit serial numbers starting with 0 for 1990 through 2 for 1992).

These were the only models that were identical to their USA-made counterparts. After that, the quality took a small but noticeable step backwards to equal that of the Charvel Model series, which were made in Japan.

It's very important to keep this information straight.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

You...are....correct...suh!
          My neck-through soloist is from 90-94, so I'm good!

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
            These were the only models that were identical to their USA-made counterparts. After that, the quality took a small but noticeable step backwards to equal that of the Charvel Model series, which were made in Japan.
            When you say identical, do you mean identical in specification or in quality? There are plenty of bolt-on & neckthru Professionals of that period that were not identical to any production models coming out of the US shop. For example, there was only one US Fusion but many different Japanese Fusions. The Fusion Pro was the only one identical in spec to the US Fusion, but it wasn't the only with "Professional" on the headstock.
            Hail yesterday

Comment

When did the various other Fusions come out? I was under the impression they came out around '93, which is when all the other bolt-ons started getting rosewood boards.

The bolt-ons were the first ones to take the hit. The neckthroughs were still getting ebony boards, MOP, and all the other good stuff until 94 (like the Mustaine Pro), though some had already started getting the "XL" treatment.
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/jack...m#proconftable

"all you ever needed to know"

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
                --floydkramer

Comment

I have a neck-thru one that's between 90-94.

I still can't decide which one I like better, my 1990 USA Soloist or the 1992 Soloist Pro... Hard decision.
                  Originally posted by horns666
                  The only thing I choke during sex is, my chicken..especially when I wanna glaze my wife's buns.

Comment

When did the various other Fusions come out? I was under the impression they came out around '93, which is when all the other bolt-ons started getting rosewood boards.
                    The first import Fusions, the Fusion Plus, were Charvels. If you check the 90/91 catalogue, the Charvel Fusion Plus is on page 21. A year later, the Fusion Plus is in the catalog again but as a Jackson, and Fusions are now available in 6 different configurations (including the Pro).
                    Hail yesterday

Comment

... and the bolt-ons made from 1990-1992 (identified by their 6-digit serial numbers starting with 0 for 1990 through 2 for 1992) ...
                      You mean "starting with 90 for 1990 through 92 for 1992", don't you ?
                      uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

the 9 is not there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                          the 9 is not there.
                          ? - That's the neck-plate of my '90 Fusion PRO ...

... and there is a "9" !?!
                          uva uvam vivendo varia fit

Comment

Now I am going to go have to look at my professionals.
                            I think the neck thrus are different though, done like the model series

Comment

Any PROs with a MOP logo are the ones to look for. They are the closest to the USA version and are of very high quality . It doesn't really matter whether the serial indicates a 90 or 94 , with MOP was the top of the line.
                              Last edited by Model 88; 06-05-2008, 04:13 PM.
                              Mike
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              SLS TG // SLATQH TSB // 2 CS Soloists both 24.75 scale // 5 Archtop PROs //

Comment

Working...
                              X