electronics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• electronics

who makes the best electronics for guitars or are they all similar.
    i have decided on replacing the pots and input jack plus adding a new humbucker,so i have been having a bit of a look around and have seen kits eg pots,jack switch,can anyone recommend a kit from a certain company?
    also what size capacitor would i need?

People around here have had generally good things to say about rs guitar works.

I believe their website is www.rsguitarworks.net
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Just order some CTS pots... RS prices are just insane. $60 for 4 pots, a bit of wire, a switch and a cap? Come on.
      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Well Rob the standard CTS pot is not the same as the RS/CTS pot.
        Roy at RS did a lot of R&D and came up with different specs and tolerences/materials and CTS contracted to make them for RS to Roy specs.
        The end result is a more responsive taper giving you more control of tone and vol from 0 to 10.No drop off at all.
        The shaft is solid brass as well not brass coated aluminum.
        $60.00 is very reasonable for the quality and for the improvement in tone.
        A high quality cap is very important as well.
        The RS kit is the best in the business don't just take my word go to their web site and see who uses their product.RS knows great tone!
        I have installed hundreds of these kits and have never had a dissatisfied customer.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Alot of people use ESP guitars too according to their site... and we all know how totally awesome they are.

Ive seen you pitch these things all over the place, and thats cool, you believe in a product/company that you used to work for. Nothing wrong with that, however, not everyone will believe that... I for one, dont believe for a second that $60 woth of pots make much of a difference... Ive experimented ALOT... now sure, I havent tried an "RS Spec" pot... but you know what? If someones really THAT worried about pots sucking tone, just wire the pup to the damn output jack... there you go, saved you $60 and no pots to "suck" tone. Maybe one day when I have $60 to throw away, Ill try a kit... but until then, Im very satisfied with $15-20 worth of CTS pots.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
            Well Rob the standard CTS pot is not the same as the RS/CTS pot.
            Roy at RS did a lot of R&D and came up with different specs and tolerences/materials and CTS contracted to make them for RS to Roy specs.
            The end result is a more responsive taper giving you more control of tone and vol from 0 to 10.No drop off at all.
            The shaft is solid brass as well not brass coated aluminum.
            $60.00 is very reasonable for the quality and for the improvement in tone.
            A high quality cap is very important as well.
            The RS kit is the best in the business don't just take my word go to their web site and see who uses their product.RS knows great tone!
            I have installed hundreds of these kits and have never had a dissatisfied customer.
            +1 All my guitars are getting changed out and that is going to take awhile. I have at least 12-13 guitars with RS components! They are the best.
            Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Working...
            X