neck scale help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• neck scale help

I just bought this "project" guitar off of ebay. Arbor neck unknown maker of the body.
    Here is my problem. I used a charvette neck for reference.

the frets don't line up. the nut to bridge the guitar is 25.5, but it is 12" at the 12th fret and 13.5 from the 12th fret to the bridge.
    I alway thought it was supposed to be half the distance at the 12th fret.

You are on the right track. I would say that the body and neck don't belong together.

Measure from the nut to the 12th fret and double it for the scale of the neck. If you are saying it is 12" from the nut to the 12th fret then it is a 24" scale neck. The bridge saddles needs to be located at 24" from the nut for it to intonate correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by slash View Post
      You are on the right track. I would say that the body and neck don't belong together.

Measure from the nut to the 12th fret and double it for the scale of the neck. If you are saying it is 12" from the nut to the 12th fret then it is a 24" scale neck. The bridge saddles needs to be located at 24" from the nut for it to intonate correctly.
      +1 Exactly what I would have said.

Comment

Thanks guys. remeasured 12.5" but still won't work. I have that charvette neck that the heal is not exactly the same buy I think I will try it. the body is plywood but there is something about a pointy neck on a star body.

Comment

Working...
        X