Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gotoh tune-o-matic or tonepros?

hi,
    i`m gonna buy a strat body from warmoth and i`ll have routed for a recessed tune-o-matic bridge and strings through body.
    which bridge is better acconding to you?

gotoh or tonepros ?

and why?

thanks in advance

sorry about the typos, i was going too fast

Comment

I don't buy in to the tonepros having a better sound cos of the ability to lock the saddle assembly to the posts. But, this feature is nice when changing strings. It keeps the saddle assembly from slipping off and potentially scratching the body, when standing the guitar on end, flipping over the body, etc when changing strings unlike the gotoh. So if you don't want to worry about this, get the tonepros.
      "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

Gotoh makes the bridge for TonePros. If you are handy with a drill and a tap and die....you can save some cash.

Comment

Tonepros all the way.

Comment

any particular reason why i should go with tonepros?
            i was also looking at schaller tom bridge, with adjustable string distance.
            i like that feature...

Comment

Originally posted by eiopago View Post
              any particular reason why i should go with tonepros?
              i was also looking at schaller tom bridge, with adjustable string distance.
              i like that feature...
              Like I said, you are paying extra for the set screws that lock the bridge to the posts.

Let me ask you, did the '59 Les Pauls have a TonePro's bridge?

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                Gotoh makes the bridge for TonePros. If you are handy with a drill and a tap and die....you can save some cash.
                I have a tonepros bridge and aluminum tailpiece on guitar and really like it, but have often looked at my other bridges and also said, " A tap,die, and a set screw and I'm in there...Gonna try it one of these days with an old jackson bridge.
                www.JerryRobison.com
                '84 RR, '06 Pablo Santana Soloist,'76 Gibson LP Custom 3 pup,'79 LP custom 2 pup,'82 Gibson XR-1,'89 BC Rich Namm proto, '07 Lauher custom, 86 & 87 model 6, Carol-Ann Amplifiers, Marshall amps, Keeley pedals....it's a long list. Check out my site.

Comment

I have one too on my Classic Premium Plus. But I only got it because Dan Erlewine recommended it when he was replacing the collapsed bridge.

I have a Gotoh on my 2002 Std because I wanted an ABR-1 that fits the Nashville posts without retrofitting.

Personally, I don't think the tone improves enough to justify the cost of the set screws.

Comment

Originally posted by eiopago View Post
                    hi,
                    i`m gonna buy a strat body from warmoth and i`ll have routed for a recessed tune-o-matic bridge and strings through body.
                    which bridge is better acconding to you?

gotoh or tonepros ?

and why?

thanks in advance
                    I think it might depend on the guitar too. Some people are saying it hasn't helped them. But I put a Tone Pros locking tail piece and locking bridge on a old SG and the thing became a resonant beast! The whole guitar vibrated in your hands. It really helped that guitar which has a thinner tone to begin with because it's so light.

Just my two cents. Goo Luck!

Comment

Working...
                    X