Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which single coils will compliment a Tone Zone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which single coils will compliment a Tone Zone?

My guitar has a H-S-S configuration. I'm going to replace the Hum with a Tone Zone. What single coils would compliment the Zone? I need something that has decent output so there isn't a big drop when switching over to the singles, but I want to retain the warm, open sound of a single.

Thanks.

I like the Dimarzio Fast Track for the neck. I'm not picky about the middle pickup since I use it infrequently.
    Rudy
    www.metalinc.net

Comment

Air Norton S: they make it in single coil size,looks just like the "Duncan Hot & Cool Rails" look for them.That w/Tone Zone is a hard combo to beat.
      Go here : http://www.dimarzio.com/site/#/pickups/

Select "Strat" than "Hum Cancelling", this Pup right at top.
      Henrik Danhage Sig Heavy Relic

Comment

Thanks, I think the Air Norton S is just what I'm looking for.

Comment

Not sure about complimenting but the SDS1 is a nice pickup.
          Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I put Fender SCN's in the middle/neck positions and I love the tone I get from them. On my Jackson, I have 3 miniswitches and when I select the bridge and neck pickups, I can get a decent Telecaster twang from it from my clean channel. Switch off the neck pickup, hit my gain channel and the ToneZone make the guitar sound like something from the 80's...So, within seconds, I can go from twang to metal.

joe...
            www.godwentpunk.com
            www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Dimarzio Virtual Vintage Blues (neck) goes really well with an Evolution in the bridge. I've got that combo in a couple of my guitars. Might go well with a Tone Zone, too.

Comment

Working...
              X