OFR nut height vs. Import locking nut height

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OFR nut height vs. Import locking nut height

I've been doing some research around here and read that the locking nuts that come stock import Jacksons are a little shorter than an OFR nut.

In other words, if you put an OFR nut on a import Jackson neck (that's cut for a locking nut) the OFR nut will be too high for reasonable action.

The suggested solution for this is to file down the bottom of the locking nut but what I'm wondering is how much of a difference is there between the height of the 2 nuts?

One exception is on the JT590 trem, the stock nut and the OFR nuts are identical.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
      One exception is on the JT590 trem, the stock nut and the OFR nuts are identical.
      Thanks for the info Larry. Do you know if the nut for the current JT580LP is the same height as an OFR?

Comment

I ran into this problem when replacing a nut on a DK2S. The OFR nut or replacement nuts from Gotoh are quite a bit taller than the original nut that Jackson uses on the DK2s. I'd say it is probably about 1-2mm taller.

Here's another thread on this topic:
        http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80736
        Dave

Comment

Originally posted by DHardmanJr View Post
          I ran into this problem when replacing a nut on a DK2S. The OFR nut or replacement nuts from Gotoh are quite a bit taller than the original nut that Jackson uses on the DK2s. I'd say it is probably about 1-2mm taller.

Here's another thread on this topic:
          http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80736
          Yes, I had found your post earlier but I didn't see any mention of the specific height difference so thank you for posting that data.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt_B View Post
            Yes, I had found your post earlier but I didn't see any mention of the specific height difference so thank you for posting that data.
            Hey Matt if you have an outside micrometer and want to measure it in a few places, I can pull an OFR nut out of my parts bin and measure it for you for comparison.

Comment

Working...
            X