Some Feedback on some GFS PUP's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some Feedback on some GFS PUP's

I've been looking for some neck PUPS one for my DX10 which has a SH-4 in the bridge and my DXMG has a Dimebucker in the bridge. I've been looking at some more SD but I keep going back to the GFS..

I was looking at the GFS Crunchy Pat Hight Output HB to go with the Dimebucker.... and the Vintage 59' for the SH-4 JB. Just wondering what is everyones thoughts on those combo's.

I would order both... but the SH-4 is a Black / Creme and want to get the same scheme.
    Last edited by JetFixxxer; 05-18-2008, 09:07 PM.
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

In general: You're better off buying used Duncans or DiMarzio. A pickup maker on UG denounced them for a number of reasons, the main two being the summaries are contradictory and they likely only make 2 or 3 actual, different, pickups. You most likely are going to get similar results by buying Mighty Mite, Epiphone, EMG Select, or another similar pickup. I would wager most of them are made in the same factories anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
      In general: You're better off buying used Duncans or DiMarzio. A pickup maker on UG denounced them for a number of reasons, the main two being the summaries are contradictory and they likely only make 2 or 3 actual, different, pickups. You most likely are going to get similar results by buying Mighty Mite, Epiphone, EMG Select, or another similar pickup. I would wager most of them are made in the same factories anyway.
      I've been searching for used Duncans.. but the used ones so far been for the bridge and I'm looking for neck. Plus they want more than I feel a used pickup should be sold for.

Wouldn't that pup maker denounce them?.. they want you to buy their product.
      Last edited by JetFixxxer; 05-19-2008, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JetFixxxer View Post
        I've been searching for used Duncans.. but the used ones so far been for the bridge and I'm looking for neck. Plus they want more than I feel a used pickup should be sold for.

Wouldn't that pup maker denounce them?.. they want you to buy their product.
        Becuase most people buying $30 aren't going to be buying $100 pickups You have to look for used ones. Ask if local shops have any in stock. Look for ones that could use a wire extension, as they tend to go cheaper than most. Bill Lawrence pickups sell new for just a few dollars more than GHS.

Comment

Becuase most people buying $30 aren't going to be buying $100 pickups You have to look for used ones. Ask if local shops have any in stock. Look for ones that could use a wire extension, as they tend to go cheaper than most. Bill Lawrence pickups sell new for just a few dollars more than GHS.
          I've been looking for the past 3 weeks... I try to hit every Guitar shop in the towns I visit when I travel and still haven't scored any.. Hopefully I get this Pearly Gates... but the person hasn't responded.

Comment

Score!!!! Got a Neck SD 59'

Comment

I own all of these GFS pickup sets (neck/bridge combo):

Vintage Split
              Fat PAF (chrome covered)
              Fat PAF (gun metal covered)
              Crunchy PAF (chrome covered)
              Retrotron Memphis
              Retrotron Nashville
              Retrotron Liverpool/Hot Liverpool
              Dream-180
              Dreamtron
              Bigmouth
              Loudmouth
              Power Rails
              Crunchy Rails

...and while they're by no means the best pickups money can buy, I can assure you they don't only make "2 or 3 actual, different, pickups."

I'll also be trying some of their new noiseless single-coils, when I find some guitars to put them in.
              please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Working...
              X