Piezo for my Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Piezo for my Jackson

I am curious if I can get a Piezo setup for my Jackson SL-1. Does it exist?
    CURRENT GEAR SET UP
    2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
    1989 JACKSON KING V
    1984 JACKSON RR
    AXE FX II
    MESA BOOGIE 2:90
    DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
    FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
    (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
    (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

This should work, but I don't know if they are available just yet? I don't know if you can just swap the saddles or if the whole bridge is needed to replace the existing one.

http://www.graphtech.com/news.html?ID=38
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Are this just replacing saddles or is it the complete tremolo?
      '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
      '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
      custom made Les Paul
      VOX Tonelab LE
      Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
      ADA MP1
      BBE 422A
      Lexicon MPX-G2
      ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
      Support Your Local 81

Comment

Originally posted by El Chiguete View Post
        Are this just replacing saddles or is it the complete tremolo?
        Well, from what I understand the GHOST bridge comes as a complete assembly. However it is a Lic. Floyd and not a OFR. It would be interesting to see if just the saddles could be purchased. I wouldn't think the supplied base plate is in the equation.
        Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

This is interesting cause I'm in the market for something similar. Even if you replace the saddles or the whole bridge, won't you have to run a separate output? Or, can you just make your one output a mixture of your magnetic pickups and piezos? How are you going to control the output of the mags with the output of the piezos, wire up your tone knob for it?
          I'm looking at an Ibanez RG1820X or thinking about a new Ibanez Montage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-Prestige-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ibanez-Monta...QQcmdZViewItem

Brian

Comment

It's a complete tremelo, I ordered one cause I'm in the process of rolling my own, (Vairax transplant with a humbucker and possibly a sustainac) and had seen some some guys getting just the saddles for the Floyd's even though it's not listed on their web site.

But when I contacted them by phone they told me that people were having trouble drilling holes through the original Floyd bases, (hardened steel on the base plates, they'll eat regular drill bits in a drill press) so they were just selling the complete kits.

It's pretty much a Gotoh trem which IMO is not as good as the Real Floyd's.
            The saddles will retro fit on a Floyd but the base has to be drilled out with cobalt bits on a drill press or milling machine.

Comment

Originally posted by 138 View Post
              It's a complete tremelo, I ordered one cause I'm in the process of rolling my own, (Vairax transplant with a humbucker and possibly a sustainac) and had seen some some guys getting just the saddles for the Floyd's even though it's not listed on their web site.

But when I contacted them by phone they told me that people were having trouble drilling holes through the original Floyd bases, (hardened steel on the base plates, they'll eat regular drill bits in a drill press) so they were just selling the complete kits.

It's pretty much a Gotoh trem which IMO is not as good as the Real Floyd's.
              The saddles will retro fit on a Floyd but the base has to be drilled out with cobalt bits on a drill press or milling machine.
              Cool man, I think that is what I am looking for.
              CURRENT GEAR SET UP
              2005 JACKSON SOLOIST
              1989 JACKSON KING V
              1984 JACKSON RR
              AXE FX II
              MESA BOOGIE 2:90
              DMC GROUND CONTROL PRO
              FURMAN POWER CONDITIONER
              (2) MESA BOOGIE 4X12 RECTO CABINETS
              (2) MESA BOOGIE 2X12 RECTO CABINETS

Comment

Hey thanks for the clarification 138. I was about to call them on these. Nothing a cobalt bit won't handle

Comment

Originally posted by BTB007 View Post
                  This is interesting cause I'm in the market for something similar. Even if you replace the saddles or the whole bridge, won't you have to run a separate output? Or, can you just make your one output a mixture of your magnetic pickups and piezos? How are you going to control the output of the mags with the output of the piezos, wire up your tone knob for it?
                  I'm looking at an Ibanez RG1820X or thinking about a new Ibanez Montage.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ibanez-Prestige-...QQcmdZViewItem

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Ibanez-Monta...QQcmdZViewItem

Brian
                  If the setup is anything like my EBMM Petrucci, yes as seperate jack and volume control is needed; (or a Stereo jack) and seperate volume control which is also on the Petrucci. Graphtech mentions Midi, so it probably comes with a multipin jack for interface with sound processors as well. My Godin has a regular jack and a Midi output jack.

Comment

138. please post pics of the preamp, jack, midi and ather conections that came with it.
                    '87 Kramer Stagemaster Custom
                    '81 Kramer Pacer Standard
                    custom made Les Paul
                    VOX Tonelab LE
                    Epiphone Valve Jr. moded!!!
                    ADA MP1
                    BBE 422A
                    Lexicon MPX-G2
                    ADA Microtube 100

AFFA
                    Support Your Local 81

Comment

When I ordered it from them two months ago, it was in a beta stage I guess you could say. So there were no other electronics in the kit. Just a 14 pin connector block and a 2 wire lead, which I'll use to tie into the variax circut instead of using their stock piezo's on the original bridge.

Comment

Digging this up, because I see the company is selling separate saddles now. I might give it a shot. Has anyone else installed these and set it up with something like RackVax?
                        I only need one more guitar.

Comment

Working...
                        X