Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blackheart Killer Ant/BC Rich Deluxe Jr V release??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blackheart Killer Ant/BC Rich Deluxe Jr V release??

Both I believe were supposed to be available in April.... Anyone seen them anywhere yet?

Vass

The Deluxe Jr V was released a while back but slightly different. Guitar Center had one here in Vegas but it had the Beast 3 per side headstock, EMG 81/60, and OFR, it had the abalone binding on the body and headstock but only white on the neck which looks WAY better IMHO. They were selling for $699. I don't like the new version as well. I just don't like all that binding on the neck. I hate it on the Schecters and LTD's as well. That's the only thing keeping me from buying one.

Comment

DOH. So it's got that widow type headstock rather than this one? Also showing an 81/85 combo... http://www.bcrich.com/v_jr_nj_dlx.asp Different axe?

Vass

Comment

the one for guitar center was a GC/MF only guitar

I have sold 2 of the new ASM reverse Headstock versions... Killer guitar for 700 bux
        Piney Hills New Site <------Clicky Clicky

CALL THE SHOP @ 318.232.3002

instock inventory

Comment

DLXJRVO is the Guitar Center model and its a pretty decent axe for their lower end stuff, decent tone and the abalone binding is kool.

IMHO, it sounds better with the 18v mod on the EMG's and looks better with chrome hardware . Still waiting on my chrome grover's though.

Comment

Very nice looking axe. The headstock I could live with but it's not a favorite. With 6 on a side available I'm going to have to give this a hard look :P

How's the neck on it?

Vass

Comment

I own a couple of Beast models and the neck on this is a little thicker than those. Not a baseball bat like a Les paul or a PRS but noticibly thicker than the Beast's.

Also the binding on the neck is wider than avarage (a Jackson in comparison) and because of it the ebony fretboard has sort of a plasticy feel to it, not bad, just different.

Comment

Don't like that headstock at all give me the reverse F-Bird head.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Not Bad..the headstock is almost a glory hole..so that's good.
                  "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                  Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I have that axe as well, the headstock rules, i imagined it on a V years and years ago, so when i saw model i was like hell yeah!
                    The new ones with 6 inline don't look anywhere as cool as this model.
                    Neck feels pretty close to my RR1, little thicker, it's just a basic D shape pretty much.
                    I would probably sell my RR1 before i sold this guitar, it's every bit as good too.

Comment

not a fan of the widow HS but oh well

as for the body, cool to see multi layered binding on a sharp V other than my own but not a fan of the purfling at all; tacky as hell

Comment

It looks pretty damn sweet when your holding it, it's really classy looking axe man. looks like a million bucks.
                        But it's all preference, as i don't like inline hstocks on full V's, looks wrong to me.
                        my only complaint is the knob positions, and i'm on the fence with the EMG's, but i don't know what else i should put in it yet, and i'm not wasting a bunch of cash at the moment to figure it out.
                        138 i think your right, the chrome floyd does make it pop more, looks great.

Comment

one thing i never liked about BCR V's is the little condom tips the V horns have

Comment

Originally posted by Mat View Post
                            one thing i never liked about BCR V's is the little condom tips the V horns have
                            Or the nutsack headstock. I hate those condom cutouts too.

Comment

BCR need to do an Ironbird model in the NJ Deluxe series, only with a USA shaped body, in other words, the curve above the neck pup should be straight.
                              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Working...
                              X