Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pivot Screws Issue

Hi everyone,

I had a Jackson Stealth EX had recently when I dismantled my floyd for cleaning, upon installing everything again, I found out that the lower pivot screw is sliding up from the body. I can't fit any strings on it as its slanted high up on the low side.

Any idea fellow forumers can help me out on this? Can I just get a strong glue and glue it back into the drilled hole? OR should I get some filler into the hole to patch it up?

Please help.

Thanks.

Joe

Post a picture. At first I thought you were refering to the pivot studs in the body, but now I'm not sure.

Comment

If the problem is the stud sliding up, I'd do ONE of the following suggestions, after removing the stud completely:

1. Put a little water in the hole and let it dry. Then try again. The wood will swell due to the water, and that might be enough. Mark taught me that

2. Use a little amount of wood glue.

3. Use a little amount of Titebond II.

Wood glue or titebond will let you remove the stud later, if needed. Epoxy or the like won't.
      Henrik
      AUDIOZONE.DK - a guitar site for the Jackson and Charvel fan

Comment

Hi guys,

Thanks for the response. To show you a better idea of it, here are some photos:

Please help.

Thanks.

Comment

You know what I did for a cheap fix. I had a similar problem on an Epi Les Paul tailpiece. I took some aluminum tape, the type you get in the home improvement store (for dryer vent tubes,etc), and cut a piece that matches the height of the stud. I then wrap it around the stud slowly, pushing into the small grooves. Wrap enough around so the stud has to be "tapped" back in. I did this for my Les Paul and haven't had a problem since.
          Guitars:
          Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
          1988 Model 2,
          Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
          RR3
          Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
          1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
          2005 SG Special

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post
            If the problem is the stud sliding up, I'd do ONE of the following suggestions, after removing the stud completely:

1. Put a little water in the hole and let it dry. Then try again. The wood will swell due to the water, and that might be enough. Mark taught me that

Wood glue or titebond will let you remove the stud later, if needed. Epoxy or the like won't.
            +1

This method will be less likely to crack the wood, which is something to be avoided.

"Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
            --floydkramer

Comment

Originally posted by jackson1 View Post

+1 again.

Do not use a super glue. If you should ever need to repair / repaint, etc.

Just get some water or wood glue to swell the wood. Don't go too crazy, you don't want to swell it so much that the finish or body cracks.

Comment

Water based tightbond will work just fine.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Hi guys,

MANY THANKS for all your replies. I'd did the water drop technique but it didn't helped so I went off to Ace Hardware to get a bottle of Elmer's Probond Interior/Exterior Wood Glue. Applied very minimal around the pivot and slotted it in. Wipe off excessive with Qtips.

http://www.elmers.com/images/line_ar..._tmb_photo.jpg

Thanks again to those who had advised.

Cheers.

Comment

Working...
                  X