A Charvel Model 3B Bass for Slavantas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Charvel Model 3B Bass for Slavantas

A couple of weeks ago, Dark One, the bassplayer in my band and I went to the vintage fair to scout out some cool gear (And I ended up buying myself a Gibson les Paul) But I haven't talked about what Dark One wound up buying.

Dark One's main bass is a short scale Gretsch Jet-bass which he bought because it looked like a Les Paul and played similar to a guitar.

He amplifies that thing through a Laney solid state 300 watt head and matching 2x15 cab and using an Ibanez "Seventh heaven" distortion pedal, resulting in that Hornet-like buzz that's a main part of our band's music.

But when he borrowed my Fender jazz bass for a short while, he was getting really psyched with the stronger sound of a long scale bass and was expressing that he should buy one of those himself.

So while we're there I find this stand that has these eighties Hair metal basses, like pink BC Rich Warlocks and metal necked Kramers but also among them we found this pearl white Model 3B bass with some scuffs but in otherwise good condition and the asking price was 350 Euro including case. I look the bass over checking for anything that should be a worry and I found nothing. I said "If you let this one go, you'll be regretting it forever."

I hope you guys can help me indentify this bass a little better and since I don't have a picture I'll have to go with descriptions.

*The bass has a "Made in the USA* inscription on the backplate just below the serial number.
    * The bass has the small Guitar-shaped "Charvel" logo on the hockeystick headstock and the logo itself also has a Hockeystick headstock.
    * The P-J pickups have sealed covers with the "Jackson" logo
    * The bass has blackplated hardware.

Anyway, Dark one has been using his Charvel exclusively with his Gretsch being serviced. (Dark one has the rather destructive habit of hitting one of our drummer's cymbals with his bass after a song is through, and his Gretsch began to fall apart after being subjected to this habit over and over.) Everybody in the band agrees that the Charvel has such superior sound qualities to his Gretsch that we already regretted that he didn't have the Charvel when we recorded our demo. Nevertheless Dark one himself has expressed that he misses his Gretsch because the shortscale is so much easier for him to play and the fact that some of our songs simply NEED that buzzsaw sound of that shortscale monster.

PICS PLEASE! is logo gold, and does plate have san dimas or ontario addy or fort worth.? 3b would be a neck thru model series.
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

It has a bolt on neck, and I saw the Ontario name on the neckplate and yes it has a gold logo.

Comment

sounds like it has a charvel neck on a jackson body. did the plate have jackson or charvel on it?
        The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Working...
        X