Pickup noise question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickup noise question

I recently got a guitar with a Duncan Distortion in the bridge and Jazz in the neck position. Both are coil tapped. Everything works fine but, when you touch the pickup hieght adjustment screws, I get excessive noise. I know this is probably a grounding problem, but where? Any help is appreciated

Sounds like the hot lead is going to ground and the ground lead is going to hot. Check the output jack to see if the wiring is reversed.

Comment

Will do. Thanks.

Comment

Well I looked at it and according to this diagram, that looks right. http://www.seymourduncan.com/support...2h_2v_1t_3w_pp

Any other ideas?

Comment

I second what DonP said as the most likely explanation...

Comment

Did you check all the grounding also?

Comment

Oh, I just thought of another thing. One thing that caused a lot of noise on my guitar was that the pots were not connected right. The guy who did the wiring had mixed up the terminals on all the pots.
              Last edited by javert; 05-13-2008, 06:29 AM.

Comment

How did he do that?
                guitarelectronics.com is a great source.Don't let dicks work on your guitar do it yourself.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  How did he do that?
                  guitarelectronics.com is a great source.Don't let dicks work on your guitar do it yourself.
                  You're asking me how somebody else screwed up? I don't know Anyways, the guitar in question is the one mentioned in this thread

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...&highlight=NYC

I bought the guitar thinking it was new. It may have been (it was only a year old), but it had certainly been modded (other pickups had been installed, I suspect) and then changed back. It took me a while to figure out what was wrong. At first I thought the grounding was not done right.

Comment

Working...
                  X