Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I remove U.S.A Jackson tuning pegs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I remove U.S.A Jackson tuning pegs?

Hey, one of the tuning pegs on my Jackson SLATQH just started malfunctioning, and I need some help. One of the tuner pegs no longer tightens/loosens. This is my first jackson guitar, and I have no experience in removing or fixing the tuners. I was wondering if anyone could give me directions as to how to remove the tuners, as I have been wanting to put in sperzel tuners since I bought the guitar anyways, and this is sort of the final straw. I alrdy removed the screws from the back of the tuners, but im not sure what to do next, and I don't want to screw anything up . Also, I was wondering if I should get a tech to remove the jackson tuners and put in the sperzels or attempt it on my own. What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance for all replies, rlly appreciate any help I can get
    My name may be Matt, but in no case does that mean I will let you walk all over me

Just loosen and take off the lock nuts.

Comment

There's a nut around the tuner on the face of the headstock. Just loosen the nut with a wrench carefully so you dont slip and scratch the headstock. Then the tuner should slip right out of it's hole. BTW Sperzels require the hole to be enlarged. Schallers do not. They both work the same and no mods needed with the Schallers.
      Gil

Comment

There is a screw on top of the tuner button that might need tighening try that first.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
        X