Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FINALLY getting my APC pickups installed... haha...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FINALLY getting my APC pickups installed... haha...

How many years has it been since I've had these APC pickups sitting in my basement, waiting to be installed into my Soloist? Probably at least three or four!

My tech is installing the Persuader Lead and two of the 200 single coils. I will be picking up the guitar (which was in dire need of a setup anyway) next Wednesday. Stupid me, I meant to give him the Persuader Lead Custom instead... oh well, I'll just live with my choice, or get my roommate to swap the two pickups so I can compare.

Long-awaited review to come.

Alex, I just want to thank you. I now feel much better about my star project that's going on 2 1/2 years and is still in primer. How long have you had those pickups? I think it may be close to 3 years.

Comment

Wow, that sounds great! Ah, pardon me, but what are APC pickups?
      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Here are the original APC threads:

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24260

http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26588

So it looks like a little over 3 years since you guys got 'em.

BTW, the search is sucking worse than ever. I knew which section the threads were in, some of the main guys posting, and still couldn't get a search result for APC even though it's in the f-ing thread titles. Google didn't find them either. What a PITA. There's some great info buried here that's basically lost unless you were here when it was posted and have a damn good memory, and that's a shame.

Comment

Thanks DG. I like learning all the time. I see what you mean. Can't find any posts on reviews. Most have at least installed these by now?

Interesting, the website say's contact Mel's dealers. But, no links to dealers. I guess you have to contact them (Mel) direct?
          Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

I justed emailed them a few days ago for a brochure myself and I pass their office 5 days a week.

Comment

Got my Shannon Soloist back, with APCs installed. The 200s are somewhat hot for single coils but retain that bell-like chiming spank to them. The Persuader Lead in the bridge really reminds me of an EMG-85 which I love... when you hit a chord, you hear the individual notes rather than the notes mushing together. It sounds "sharp".

So far so good. May report again as time goes on.

Comment

Working...
              X