Analogue Delay and EQ Pedals.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Analogue Delay and EQ Pedals.

Looking around for something that'll fatten up my tone without mudding it up. I'm playing through a Vox Valvetronics 120 watt head. It's a modeling amp that feels and sounds like a tube amp. I like that I can get different amp sounds but I'm not a fan of the on-board effects.

Analogue delay seems like the way to go. I'm weary of rack units though, so maybe somebody could suggest a pedal that'll do the job right without taking up all the space. Ibanez AD9 was the first suggestion that came up.

Same for EQ's. I want something that doesn't need to be mounted. I heard Boss has a pretty rad EQ pedal.

Thoughts?

Stompbox delay pedals are NOT analog.
    I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/produ...LAID=158475816

?

Comment

I can't explaing it exactly but it's just the name. It's not like it's a whole analog device. Analog delays consists of a tape unit and they're quite expensive. As far as I know,hiwatt had them for about 800 dollars.
        I wish my hair-color was EDS :/

Comment

if you dont have one already. Try a sonic maximizer instead of an eq. It will give you beneits in tone and volume that an EQ or delay cant. If it helps but isnt comletely there then you can add a delay or EQ if so desired. But most of your tone is in the mids. And if they are being canceled out due to phase issues. The sonic maximizer will help eliminate that. It will give ya a better starting point of refferance for what you need to add if anything.
          The Sonic Maximizer will go in the fx loop.
          Gil

Comment

A Boss DD3 5 or 5 can be modded to get that analog feel. Stock they dont have the fading delay. Modded thay have the faded dalays. Ive done it and its may not be an 800 dollar tape unit it does sound analog. The GE7 pedal will work for ya. It too can be modded to sound better.

Comment

I use a Boss DD-2 or DD-3 for delay, and an Electro-Harmonix Tube EQ pedal to fatten my tone. In each case, definitely money well spent. I just couldn't find a supposed analog delay that could get me the Maiden-style delay I wanted on my solos . . . which makes sense since they use(d) DD-2s live. As for the Tube EQ pedal, I wanted something that would differentiate my tone from our other guitarist. Mission accomplished.
              sigpic

Comment

On the DD3 pedals you can add a capacitor across the 2 outside lugs of the volume pot I believe,to get that fading delays sound. start with a .1uf then go up .22uf .47uf and even a 1uf . Ive used the 1 uf for best results. I hope its the volume pot. I havent done it in awhile. Im pretty sure it is. use metal film caps and get the smallest you can find.

Comment

Originally posted by Inazone View Post
                  As for the Tube EQ pedal, I wanted something that would differentiate my tone from our other guitarist.
                  Quoting myself because I wanted to add that I run the Tube EQ after a solid state preamp.
                  sigpic

Comment

Musician's Friend Sucks....... Must stay away from the Walmart of the music industry.
                    Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Best delay I've heard is the orig RE-201. Boss dm300 follows, then 100. On vintage setups the old ibanez ad9's sound absolutely killer! But for my jsx, the boss microrack series is rocking me at the mo'!

Comment

Originally posted by bibz View Post
                        Best delay I've heard is the orig RE-201. Boss dm300 follows, then 100. On vintage setups the old ibanez ad9's sound absolutely killer! But for my jsx, the boss microrack series is rocking me at the mo'!
                        i mentioned this awhile back, but no one seemed too interested. Perhaps now.

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/PRODUCTS/EN/RE-20/index.html
                        ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

Yeah that pedal looks interesting for sure, would love to try one out!

Comment

I just use a standard home stereo EQ box. Split the stereo into mono for before/after options to your other pedals. No problems yet, and quieter than EQ stomp boxes.

Comment

Working...
                            X