Floyd Rose HELP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Rose HELP

I have this Washburn NUNO model guitar tricked out ala VH 2 Charvel paint job, and the floyd was missing the bar, so I bought one on ebay last week.
    The ad said it would fit original Floyds or replicas.
    So..how in the hell do I get this nut off????
    I tried turning it 10 times and it wont come undone. It turns, but it never really gets loose.
    One turn feels loose, then it seems to cinch up a bit. Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by 9Lb Tongue; 04-19-2008, 10:26 PM.

The screw in type arm has a plastic spacer between the nut and the underside of the base plate.Its easy if you have the trem out of the guitar just put the approrprate wrench on the top nut and a pair of small vise grip pliers on the bottom and unscrew it.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've been trying to up load a photo, but I'm not getting results.
      I have the pic loaded to a walgreens photo hosting site, and I tried the URL route and the copy/paste...I'm not having any luck.
      using a mac

Comment

ok..try this

http://photo.walgreens.com/slideshow...97/t_=13204997

Comment

Walgreens not working for me.Photo bucket is what everybody here uses.PB won't work for me I can add photos but it won't let me move them here.

Comment

http://community.webshots.com/album/563155967xbnnxT

Comment

Nope.

Comment

you can't see the webshots either??WTF!!!
                I'm gonna scream!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  PB won't work for me I can add photos but it won't let me move them here.
                  Right click on the pick and copy it, then you can just paste it here. That's what I do from my Photobucket account. I can't seem to get it to work if I click on the "insert image" button like I used to be able to.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

That Floyd bar has a collar on it... it's never going to work in that bridge. You need to get a screw-in bar that has threads on it.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

How the hell can I paste a pic here I don't get the icon in the message box

Comment

I see the pics now.Yep you need a screw in arm not the collared arm TJ is dead on.Or you could get the bushing for that arm and just put it in.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                          How the hell can I paste a pic here I don't get the icon in the message box
                          That just blows my little brain out.
                          That nobody that runs this site ahs been able to fix that, or why you don't have the icons there.

You don't have the bar at the top of the reply box, it starts with Bold, Italic, Underline, etc? 14th icon from the left is to insert image addresses.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            That Floyd bar has a collar on it... it's never going to work in that bridge. You need to get a screw-in bar that has threads on it.
                            shitzsky!!!!
                            Thanks for the info. Well, at least I'm only out 5 bucks for the bar.

Comment

Nope don't have anyting like that Cyg.

Comment

Working...
                              X