Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fixed bridge on a RR3?

Hey all,
    I own a Jackson RR3 since a year now and I love it. The finish is beautiful, the tone is great. BUT, my tastes evolved. After a few months of use, the licenced Floyd Rose that made my joy when I bought it is just a pain in the butt now. I hate to have only one tuning available, and I don't even use the trem. I would love to be able to tune without having to adjust anything.

I am wondering if I can install a fixed bridge in the RR3. I saw that Floyd Rose has a fixed model that looks great but I can't find it anywhere online. Can you guys give me suggestions?

Thanks.

Just block the trem so it doesnt move either way. And take the pressure pads off the nut for a quick fix. The RR5 is a string thru as is the XTRR. but other than that USA RR1T if ya wanna go that route. I may have missed a model. Too which im sure someone will fill in the blanks if i have.
    Gil

Comment

Originally posted by JACKSONFREAK View Post
      Just block the trem so it doesnt move either way. And take the pressure pads off the nut for a quick fix. The RR5 is a string thru as is the XTRR. but other than that USA RR1T if ya wanna go that route. I may have missed a model. Too which im sure someone will fill in the blanks if i have.
      Gil
      No, the XTRR had a Floyd, and that guitar has been discontinued for years anyway.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

hey Joe im old leave me alone
        Last edited by JACKSONFREAK; 04-18-2008, 12:04 AM.

Comment

LOL Okay. :ROTF:
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

And what about the springs?
            Won't they re-set the tuning every time?
            Oh and also, I don't really mind removing the pads of the nut, since it is the springs adjustment that make me sick.

Comment

If you block the trem, it will not move. Essentially becoming a fixed bridge.
              Someone here most likely has pictures or instructions on how to do it properly.
              You do need to leave the springs on there or the trem will fall out.

EDIT:
              Here is a link on the procedure... http://www.jcfonline.com/forums/show...99&postcount=3
              Last edited by rjohnstone; 04-18-2008, 05:09 PM.
              -Rick

Comment

You can also block the trem to dive only, taking away the tuning issues of changing tunings while keeping the ability to dive the tremolo (that is assuming though you only plan to downtune).

Comment

Or you could even install a Tremol-No for that matter.

http://www.tremol-no.com/products.asp
                  Last edited by rjohnstone; 04-18-2008, 05:15 PM.
                  -Rick

Comment

Buy another guitar with a fixed bridge and tune it down.Problem solved because you will want the floyd back in the future.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                      Or you could even install a Tremol-No for that matter.

http://www.tremol-no.com/products.asp
                      Ah, seems to be what I am searching for. Thanks.
                      I will search on eBay for these.

EDIT: I found many available but I have a final question for you guys:
                      Will the Tremol-no will make me able to completely change the tuning in hardtail mode?
                      Last edited by Mortuus; 04-18-2008, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Yes, it will.
                        -Rick

Comment

Ah, thanks a lot. This is my next purchase.

Comment

Working...
                          X