Decal Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Decal Question

I am getting one of my soloists refinished, so I bought a "waterslide "headstock decal from e-bay.

The guy included an "Instruction Sheet", in which he wrote:

...After the glue cures (10 to 12 hours after application), apply a very light coat of Lacquer (Gloss or Satin to match the finish of the neck) over the decal. Wait 15 minutes then apply another very light coat of Lacquer. Repeat this process 2 or 3 times to ensure a good "seal" over the decal...
    Is the "Lacquer" that he is referring to above actually lacquer clearcoat, or would a poly clearcoat work just as well?

The guy I'm sending the guitar to for the refin will paint the guitar with polyurethane paint, so I want to tell him to use a lacquer clearcoat on the headstock if ONLY lacquer will work.

Being that I'm not a paint guy, I would appreciate your expert opinions. Thanks in advance

-QR

PS. I have asked the seller himself, but he hasn't returned my e-mails
    Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

I have sprayed non-lacquer clear over a waterslide decal before and had no problems at all. My guess is that poly clear coat would work just as well.

Comment

Thanks quik
      Until you get weaned off the boobie, you are going to have to do what the wife wants too. -Rsmacker

Comment

Poly clear is fine.
        Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Thanks stray

Comment

Working...
          X