Volume and Tone Pots on KV2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume and Tone Pots on KV2

I am putting my KV2 back together and nothiced that the volume and Tone pots are 250kohm. The pups are SH-4 JB in the neck position and a TB-4 JB Trembucker pickup in the bridge position. Normally 500 kohm pots are used with these pickups. Is there soom reason the 250kohms are in there or should i switch back to the 500kohm? Also can someone reccomend a suppler for Original Floyd Rose I am changing all the hardware to gold and want to get a gold Floyd as well.
    Thanks
    Dogue

For a floyd, I'd just go warmoth guitar parts.
    Last edited by dangerous_dave; 04-16-2008, 08:02 AM. Reason: Removed link

Comment

Thanks Dave my guitar tech says that he is having problems locating one with a R3 locking nut. He says it is a in-between size and is hard to find in gold. Which makes no sense to me because Jackson sells KV2 everyday.

Comment

Seymour Duncan designed the JBs to be used with 250k pots originally. A lot of people complain they sound too bright with 500k, so that's why 250k was used.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Thanks toejam. So do the newer models come again with the 500k?

Comment

Maybe I will just leave the 250s in than. If there is no real benifit with going with the 500.I just wanted to make sure that is what the KV2 had originaly came with and if there was a reason for them not being 500s.

Comment

I'm not sure. I would think anything with a JB would have 250k, but I don't know what they're doing now. Some people like it with 500k, though.

Comment

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
                Maybe I will just leave the 250s in than. If there is no real benifit with going with the 500.I just wanted to make sure that is what the KV2 had originaly came with and if there was a reason for them not being 500s.
                Since the JB has a high mid spike and more treble, the low end seems to be lacking. Some people find it better for solos than rhythm. The 250k pot tames the brightness and warms it up. If it sounds fine to you, then I'd leave it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                  I'm not sure. I would think anything with a JB would have 250k, but I don't know what they're doing now. Some people like it with 500k, though.
                  My 2007 KV2 came with the 250k pots

Comment

TJ is right they did come with 250k for all the reasons he stated.
                    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

FWIW, import Jackson use the 500k... don't get why.

Comment

Thamks for the info I will leave the 250,s in.

Comment

Hey Dave thanks for telling me about warmoth. I got my original Floyd in gold for $185 plus shipping. SWEET!!!! I just finished refinishing it this past weekend and I am reall happy with the way it has turned out when i get all hardware I will post pics

Comment

Working...
                          X