Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will a Demeter Midboost work with J200´s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will a Demeter Midboost work with J200´s?

I´m thinking about switching out the Jackson midboost in my old Soloist for a Demeter unit, the one used in the Tylers. I seem to remember that the old electronics manual states that the J200 singlecoils (which sound nice!) must be used with Jackson active electronics... I have no idea why that´s the case, but I guess it has something to do with the impedance of the signal from the pickups. Does anyone know if the Demeter system would work just as well?

There's no rules about anything, try it, can't hurt. You can put EMG's into the Jackson circuits if you want to, anything goes.
    "Got a crazy feeling I don't understand,
    Gotta get away from here.
    Feelin' like I shoulda kept my feet on the ground
    Waitin' for the sun to appear..."

Comment

Yeah, I was just wondering if someone knew of any major technical problems in this scenario before I order the darn thing. Electronics knowledge is my blind spot when it comes to guitars!

Comment

Is there something wrong with the JE1200 mid boost? It's one of my favourites, let me know if you're not going to keep it!

And yeah, any boost will work with J200 singles or ay other Jackson pickups .

Comment

Well, I haven´t been dissatisfied with the JE1200 that´s in there now... but it has developed a noise issue as of late, so I´m thinking it might be on its last leg.

Thanks for the answers, guys.

Comment

Working...
          X