Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old school JCF'ers help me out: name of pickup, JCF did a group buy a few years ago.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old school JCF'ers help me out: name of pickup, JCF did a group buy a few years ago.

I have this one pickup that sounds freakin amazing. It looks like an EMG with the black plastic covering, but is a passive pickup. High output, but really clear.

The JCF did a group buy on them, and they were about 108 a piece. Hand wound by some one-off pickup maker.

The guy had a really crappy website that barely worked, and I think someone had to translate the web page since it was in another language. Incredibly bad ass pup though.

Anybody?

Scratch that: I'm an idiot and just pulled it. APC Pickups. Adder Plus Corporation, I think. Persuader lead

Comment

That was it.

Comment

They're slowly making a name for themselves. Brad Paisely endorses his Tele pickups.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

I think he's here in the Palos area. Joel D. picked them up from the guy.
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

I think I saw that their mailing address is in des plaines.

Comment

1287 rand rd in des plaines, il. I drive past it everyday. I will have to look out for it in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
                1287 rand rd in des plaines, il. I drive past it everyday. I will have to look out for it in the morning.
                They are in a little office park area around back. Kinda hard to find. The office is littered with stuff. Mel apologized and said his secretary "just quit". I think it was just him and his pickup winder at the time. Nice guy though. He's a talker.

Comment

also makes some killer pups

Comment

weren't we supposed to do another group buy after the first batch?

Comment

In my original order, I had specified a Persuader-SC, which is supposed to be the Persuader in a single-coil sized housing. Then the sales guy (I forget his name) e-mailed me to say it was a discontinued item. When I talked to Mel, he said it was too costly to produce, then gave me some confusing information as to why. So I ended up getting a model 400 instead.

Anyway, I'd still like to have a Persuader-SC. If there's sufficient interest here to get him to make it again, somebody let me know.
                      please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

i want one now

Comment

Working...
                        X