Dimebucker... who owns or owned one and

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dimebucker... who owns or owned one and

what do/did you think about it? I got one off of sleezebay and before I install it in my DXMG just wanted some feedback.
    2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
    2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
    2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
    2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
    2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
    2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
    2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
    2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
    2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
    1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
    1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

I had one. I bought it new, and tried it in a whole bunch of guitars before I found one that liked it. That was my RR custom. It sounded awesome in that, but kinda gritty in anything else. I didn't try it in a Dinky.
    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
      I had one. I bought it new, and tried it in a whole bunch of guitars before I found one that liked it. That was my RR custom. It sounded awesome in that, but kinda gritty in anything else. I didn't try it in a Dinky.

+1 on the RR. My Dimebucker has found it's home in my RR1.

Comment

I also owned one and I liked it a lot. I don't know if that's an appropriate word but it sounds "fierce" A bit too trebly but if you use it with the correct combination of guitar + amp, it is an incredible metal pup imo
        Check my bands!
        www.myspace.com/magicktr
        www.myspace.com/sinif64
        www.myspace.com/dementiatr

Comment

I really hated this pup when I had it. The original BL's were much much better.
          H3LL IS HOME!!!

Comment

I just took mine out of my Warrior Pro (gonna do a resto, but that's to be another thread). I tried the Dime at first screwed it directly to the body because I didn't want to add a pickup ring, but it was entirely too sensitive that way. I don't use a gate and silence was inachievable. Once I switched it to ring mounted it got much better, but had a bit too much shrill for my taste. Then I switched the Warrior to my Drop A tuned guitar and it just sounded incredible. Definately an excellent drop low tuning pickup.
            Transitioning from Retired Musician from cover bands to a Full time vocalist/frontman/guitarist in an original and covers band....it's been a while and this should get NASTY!

Check out the new band at - https://www.facebook.com/PerfectStormMetal/?fref=nf

Comment

I put a Dimebucker in my Ibanez SZ320EX (sacrilege! an Ibby in a Jackson forum???) as a replacement for the Lace Alumitone humbucker-sized pickup which had been installed in the bridge position.

The Alumatone was a pretty good pickup, but it just didn't have the oomph I wanted (it's more suited for mainstream music [blues, etc.] than hard rock/metal), so I put the Dimebucker in instead.

The difference was like night and day- tons of output, even more sustain, and really tight-sounding crunch. Since the guitar had a mahogany body/neck with a maple top, there wasn't the highs weren't overpowering in the least.

Something tells me I might reinstall that bridge position Alumitone pickup in the future, though- while it ain't no Dimebucker, it's got its own unique qualities that make it a worthwhile purchase. It looks cool as hell, too.

Comment

I HAVE IT ON MY WARRIOR, I LOVE IT.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b9...ONCHARVEL3.jpg

PLAYING JACKSON/CHARVEL GUITARS SINS 1991
                MY WEAPONS OF DESTRUCTION:
                1990 USA JACKSON FUSION METALLIC ELECT.BLUE
                1993 USA JACKSON RANDY RHOADS BLACK
                2007 JACKSON WARRIOR XT BLACK
                1990-91 CHARVEL PREDATOR BLACK
                1993 FENDER HEARTFIELD TALON 2 FROST MET.RD
                http://www.myspace.com/seryoga71

Comment