Cool Rails Vs Lil'59

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Rails Vs Lil'59

Which of these two would be smoother and full/less shrill in an Alder body Charvel. I should have added it is for the neck pickup.
    Last edited by Predator1; 04-08-2008, 12:40 PM.

I really like my little '59's....

Comment

I have a Lil '59 in one of my HM Tele's. I LOVE it !!!!!

Can't speak of the other though.

Comment

Definitely go with the lil 59. Its got a nice full chimey sound. I love it.
        Guitars:
        '04 Jackson SL1 - Flametop Cabo Blue Trans Burst
        '94 Charvel Predator - Fire Crackle
        '77 Ibanez LP Custom Copy - Black
        Amp:
        VOX AD30VT

Comment

i like the cool rail alot i never had a lil59 but ive had a few regular sized 59's. the cool rail is a bit more focused & slightly brighter. IMHO they are very similar, i do think the 59 can get abit muddy with higher gain, the cool rail doesnt.

Comment

count me as a Lil 59 fan, I've got one in my Tele and it's a great great pickup.
            the guitar players look damaged - they've been outcasts all their lives

Comment

I've heard that the Cool Rails is like a PAF humbucker sound, just a little smoother than a '59.
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                I've heard that the Cool Rails is like a PAF humbucker sound, just a little smoother than a '59.
                dont know if it was the difference between the lil & full sized 59 but i thought the 59 sounded a bit smoother than the cool rail.

Comment

Working...
                X