Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help about pick-up swap

Hi!

I really need the help and knowledge of JCF right now. I won an auction for SD SSL-3 for my American Strat (2004, Z4 are the first two letters of the SN) which uses fender standard single-coils in addition with hotter bridge pickup - which is actually just a lot more brighter since the pot can be opened to 0. Now I know that Fender used a lot of variation as far as the phase goes and I have also read that on SD page. So what are my chances that it will work? And from what I understand about the phase problem is when two pickups are selected together, right? I mainly use just my bridge and neck pickup so I hope I should be fine.
    But to get that technically straight - is the swapping of the ground and signal cable for that newly installed pickup a solution? SD's wiring schematics indicates so, but on their page in the FAQ section they say that it really depends just on what pick-ups you got there (phase-in or out) and that swapping the wires for single-coils isn't gonna work. that's only true for hums.

any help?

thank you very much!

You should be fine by just hooking up the hot and ground of the new pickup where you removed the old ones. And you are correct in saying that phase is an issue when two or more pickups are used. If it sounds out of phase to you, reverse the wires like you already mentioned.

Comment

Working...
    X