blank pick up inserts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• blank pick up inserts

I'm not sure what else to call what I'm looking for.

I have a DK2 and I love the body, love the neck, but it's H/S/S and I'm debating making it a single humbucker guitar.

I was curious if anyone makes any sort of insert for guitars to place where the single coils were so the holes aren't so obvious. I'd want them as flush as possible to the body.

I don't really feel like shaving wood and all that other stuff. I'd rather just leave the empty pickup routing if that's the only option.
    In the future though I need to remember to not buy guitars while on Nyquil

Oddly enough, I just something like that, on a guitar,somewhere, online, yesterday. If I find it, again, I'll let you know. Shouldn't be too hard to fabricate one, though.
    I'm not Ron!

Comment

Um, sell it and buy the config you want?
      Or, keep the neck and buy the body you want?

Just me, I like to keep them close to original.
      Trem swapping (no routing), and pickup swapping is ok, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
        Um, sell it and buy the config you want?
        Or, keep the neck and buy the body you want?

Just me, I like to keep them close to original.
        Trem swapping (no routing), and pickup swapping is ok, though.

I don't care much about keeping it original, it's an import guitar. I want it to serve my purposes, it's not going to go up in value. If there were real low profile single coils I could put in there, I'd be very willing to consider it.

I have to wonder, how difficult is it to fine a DK2 body with just a humbucker. I'm not against the idea of swapping bodys but it just seems like a bit of over kill.

Comment

This is what you do... Get yourself some wood (alder) and shape it to the pickup cavity. Glue it in place make if flush with the body, paint it black, paint 6 poles on it, and the words seymour duncan and make it look like a pickup... So you give it the illusion of having 2 single pickups When in fact its just wood painted to look like pickups.
          2009 Les Paul Kit - GFS Dream 90 (N), SD Seth Lover (B)
          2009 Gibson Les Paul Worn Brown
          2009 Epiphone Studio Deluxe
          2008 Epiphone Custom - SD P-Rail(N), Fat Pat (B)
          2008 Ovation Celebrity CC48
          2007 Agile AL3000 - SD Alinco II set
          2005 Epiphone Standard - SD Pearly Gate (N),SD Alinco II (B)
          2004 Epiphone Custom Plus Top
          2004 Gibson SG Faded - Stock
          1997 Epiphone Slash Snakepit
          1995 Fender Strat - SD Lil 59' Bridge, SD Hotrail Middle, Stock Neck

Comment

Put a nice big decal over the cavities in question.

Comment

Take the covers off of the single coils, remove the pickups, then just screw the covers in. They should go much lower and will fill the void pretty well.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Have our own Slash (Denny at mojobodies.com) make you a single hum body?
                |My CSG gallery|
                (CSG=AlexL=awesome)

Comment

Originally posted by m2pmd70 View Post
                  Have our own Slash (Denny at mojobodies.com) make you a single hum body?
                  Now that might just work Hmm, he's the one that did that Demon body isn't he?

Actually now that I'm looking at the stuff they build, I'm really thinking this might be the way to go. Hmm, 24 fret tele could be very interesting

I have to wonder if they would be willing to do a death angle body Ah well.
                  Last edited by eakinj; 04-07-2008, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                    I'm not sure what else to call what I'm looking for.

I have a DK2 and I love the body, love the neck, but it's H/S/S and I'm debating making it a single humbucker guitar.

I was curious if anyone makes any sort of insert for guitars to place where the single coils were so the holes aren't so obvious. I'd want them as flush as possible to the body.

I don't really feel like shaving wood and all that other stuff. I'd rather just leave the empty pickup routing if that's the only option.
                    Hey, I think that blank pick-up covers (with no pole holes) are available. you should try ebay or something. looks okay and it's just a straight bolt-on.

Comment

Or you could just never touch the pickup switch?
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal View Post
                        Hey, I think that blank pick-up covers (with no pole holes) are available. you should try ebay or something. looks okay and it's just a straight bolt-on.
                        This is exactly what I did to my M6. Black plastic singlecoil covers without holes. Just screw them in using the original pickup screws. Add springs or foam if you want to have it height adjustable. Work great, and looks good.

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
                          Or you could just never touch the pickup switch?
                          I have to pull the middle single coil, it's in the way when I play.

I think I like the idea though of ordering a demon body, I just wonder if they'll do one that the 24 fret DK2 neck would fit on. I don't know too much about them

Comment

Originally posted by eakinj View Post
                            I think I like the idea though of ordering a demon body, I just wonder if they'll do one that the 24 fret DK2 neck would fit on. I don't know too much about them
                            He can make anything you want. Just tell him what neck you have and he'll make a body to fit it.
                            -Rick

Comment

Working...
                            X