Is there a fixed bridge that will...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a fixed bridge that will...

Is there a fixed bridge that will fit on floyd posts?
    I would like to try one if there is. Possibly a wraparound or tp6 type?
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Ibanez made a fixed bridge that almost looks like a Floyd. I'm not sure if it there's any way to make it fit on regular Floyd-type posts or not.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

It looks like the posts sit too far back on that to fit where Floyd posts are located. I've been thinking about that very subject a bit lately, though. Possibly make a new baseplate for Floyd hardware ? Only thing that strikes me as a problem right off is that the posts would sit so far front, some kind of mount to the rear of the trem route would hafta be made for stability. Hmmmm .........
      I'm not afraid to bleed, but I won't do it for you.

Comment

Yea, that won't fit OFR posts.

Tremolno?

Comment

I imagine that Floyd posts are too far forward for anchoring a fixed bridge. That's probably why it's never been done.
          Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

There has to be a way to have an extended plate to compensate for the scale?
            Unless you can convert a long scale to a shorter one using the same posts?
            Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Originally posted by Flatpicker View Post
              There has to be a way to have an extended plate to compensate for the scale?
              Unless you can convert a long scale to a shorter one using the same posts?
              You can not change the scale of a guitar, without changing the neck.

Comment

These could honestly be done if you had the time. I think why nobody has taken the time to put too much thought into it is because most would just block the trem and be done with it when looking at a new purchase.

Flatpicker, what exactly would you like to see, featurewise and cosmetically ,in a hardtail/floyd conversion? How much would you expect to pay for soemthing like that?
                Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

I think the easiest way, would be to use a baseplate very similar to a Floyd, but without the block, and adapt it so that the front has posts that use the standard inserts, and a bracket that would screw into the guitar body inside the floyd route, at the back end of the bridge. The bridge would be very unstable if it relied solely on the two studs for mounting. Keep the fine tuners, but get rid of the string locks.

Comment

Blocking the trem is way easier.

Comment

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post
                      Yeah it is, but, this is an interesting creation if we could have it made.

Comment

Originally posted by zeegler View Post
                        I think the easiest way, would be to use a baseplate very similar to a Floyd, but without the block, and adapt it so that the front has posts that use the standard inserts, and a bracket that would screw into the guitar body inside the floyd route, at the back end of the bridge. The bridge would be very unstable if it relied solely on the two studs for mounting. Keep the fine tuners, but get rid of the string locks.
                        agreed but the post mounting area would have to be somewhat universal since there are so many different sizes of trem posts out there and this way you could cover all the bases.

Originally posted by GuerillaPete View Post

agreed!
                        Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

+1 on just blocking it.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post
                            agreed but the post mounting area would have to be somewhat universal since there are so many different sizes of trem posts out there and this way you could cover all the bases.
                            Exactly. Pretty difficult to account for all the variables in this case.

Comment

Working...
                            X