Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dunlop straploks into my kvx10 help!!

hey guys

having some trouble installin the staploks into my kvx10 (2004 model if it makes any differance).

Anyways i unskrewed the skrew and when installin the new one the skrew doesnt actually hold the black bit to the body it all just keeps moving, and if i use the old skrews then they are two long....

what am i supposed to do :'(

thanks

Glue toothpicks into the hole with woodglue.

Comment

ok..and what do i accomplish from that?

Comment

The tooth pics and wood glue replace the missing wood from the previous screws. This is all a guitar tech would do too. Like cyg said just put wood glue in the hole put in some tooth picks. Break off the extra length of tooth pic as close to the body as you can. Or even do it prior to putting in the glue. Then for added strength I put the screw in while the glue is still wet. Let the glue dry around the screw and viola you have a new strap lock on your guitar. Let it dry for 72 hours for maximum strength.
        Gil

Comment

Every Dunlop Straploc I've installed came with their own screws that are a larger diameter and length than the factory Jackson/Charvel strap button screws. You have to use a drill bit to get not only the diameter, but the depth correct so the screw will hold the button to the guitar body.

Here are the installation directions if you need them.
          http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/i...straploks.html

Comment

Originally posted by Razor View Post
            Every Dunlop Straploc I've installed came with their own screws that are a larger diameter and length than the factory Jackson/Charvel strap button screws. You have to use a drill bit to get not only the diameter, but the depth correct so the screw will hold the button to the guitar body.

Here are the installation directions if you need them.
            http://www.carvinmuseum.com/decade/i...straploks.html
            +1. Drill before installing!

I tried putting them on my old Model 6... well, I couldn't get the screws all the way in and the straplock just kept spinning. After finally stripping the screw heads out, I had to take it to a shop so they could cut and drill the screws out and apply apoxy to fix it.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
            X