D-Tuna

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D-Tuna

I see the EVH D-tuna for sale (which allows you to go to dropped D with a single push). When I wanna go to drop D, I just move the fine tuner down to D, simple as that. Why would you need a D-tuna unless you are switching mid song? Is there something I don't see?

The fine tuner doesn't always have the range to drop to D.
    I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

really, why not?

Comment

Originally posted by cdwillis View Post
        The fine tuner doesn't always have the range to drop to D.
        and all of the other strings go out of tune if you do that
        Jackson KV2T Black Ghost Flames with EMG's

Comment

well it doesn't seem to effect the other strings when I go down.

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
            well it doesn't seem to effect the other strings when I go down.

Huh huh huh. Uuuuuuh. huh huh huh.

Comment

When i use the fine tuner to drop to D. My D string goes flat too. So i have to tweak that. The Dtuna works great when set up properly. But on Low Pro trems you cna use one so you have no choice but to use the fine tuners. The OFRhas the shortest range of the ones ive had. And it does do the drop when set right.
              Gil

Comment

Lets not forget that a D-Tuna only works when the trem is flush with the body. When you can dive only. If it's fully floating, the D-Tuna or the Fine Tuner Trick won't work.

But we all know that, right?
                I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

I always set my fine tuners so that they're at halfway point, that way when I tune up and clamp down I have the room to adjust sharp or flat. That's why it wouldn't have the range.
                  I'm gonna eat your brains and gain your knowledge.

http://cdwillis.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
                    Lets not forget that a D-Tuna only works when the trem is flush with the body. When you can dive only. If it's fully floating, the D-Tuna or the Fine Tuner Trick won't work.

But we all know that, right?
                    Yes it does. I do this on most of my trems. At least the ones that are recessed or even a low pro. There is some minor tweeking of the D string like i said. But its a simple thing.
                    And it does work. (the fine tuner thing i mean) Wow i think i need more sleep.
                    Gil

Comment

will a D-tuna fit a Jackson trem? For example, the one on a DK2M. The trem on my Dk2M does not look like the one in the picture. The string clamp (as said in the pic) is much shorter.

this is how my trem looks like

Last edited by emperor_black; 07-25-2008, 12:35 AM.
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        will a D-tuna fit a Jackson trem? For example, the one on a DK2M. The trem on my Dk2M does not look like the one in the picture. The string clamp (as said in the pic) is much shorter.

this is how my trem looks like

It won't work on the trem in the last picture. You have bolts in a different location on that trem as compared to a Floyd.
                        I use a D-Tuna on a couple of my guitars when my band plays Ratt's Lay It Down or Van Halen's Unchained. I don't have the range in the tuners alone sometimes and also the string doesn't tend to stay in tune in D when I use just the fine tuner after it has been in Eb for a long time (we play our guitars in Eb tuning not standard E).
                        Rudy
                        www.metalinc.net

Comment

Thanks! Then, its a good thing someone overbid me.
                          Sam

Comment

emperor mack, the Floyd you have is a Low-Pro, everything is the same as an original Floyd but the saddles are elevated to give more of a downward slope.

Comment

ok, but the point is that the D-tuna will not work with that type of trem right? The one shown in the lower picture.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X