Really Quick (Floyd Question)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Really Quick (Floyd Question)

Which direction should the apex of the locking clasps on the nut of a Floyd go? Inline or across the strings?

Inline (parallel) to the length of the neck.

If you look closely at the blocks, there should be a raised boss that indicates which way it should go.

Comment

Thanks, Cyg, that's how I had 'em but for some reason I thought they were wrong...

Note to self: next time, change strings when you're still awake!

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonDean View Post
        Thanks, Cyg, that's how I had 'em but for some reason I thought they were wrong...

Note to self: next time, change strings when you're still awake!
        I was thinking you could have looked at some of the pix around here, but exactly half the time people put them on wrong.

It doesn't make that much of a diffierence, but they will wear out quicker, and string breakage could be a problem if they are in wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Cygnus X1 View Post
          I was thinking you could have looked at some of the pix around here, but exactly half the time people put them on wrong.

It doesn't make that much of a diffierence, but they will wear out quicker, and string breakage could be a problem if they are in wrong.
          Yeah, I know it's really immaterial which way they go, but my strings wear out fast enough without any hardware assistance

I appreciate the quick response!

Comment

Working...
          X