Truss Rod allen key size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truss Rod allen key size?

Anyone what size allen key is used for the truss rods? My Jackson Sl1 needs an adjustment. Its a little rounded from the last time I did it, so I want to get the exact one. I didn't get one with the guitar and its bigger than the ones for the rest of the adjustments.
    Just wondering, I fit gets rounded badly is there an easy fix for it or would it require a big fix, like taking off the fretboard and getting access to the truss rod?

It should be a 4 or 5 mm.
    No, don't round it off. (You knew that...)
    If it's already too late, then some SAE's might be just a hair oversized,
    but it's a risky proposition.

Comment

Let this be a lesson. You can never have too many Allen Keys of all sizes. SAE, Metric or whatever.
      I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

I had 2 different sets of allen keys but with other people using them around the house they are all mixed up and some are missing, including the one for the Truss Rod. Its not badly rounded at all, so the right size should still work.

Comment

Originally posted by demeyes View Post
          Anyone what size allen key is used for the truss rods? My Jackson Sl1 needs an adjustment. Its a little rounded from the last time I did it, so I want to get the exact one. I didn't get one with the guitar and its bigger than the ones for the rest of the adjustments.
          Just wondering, I fit gets rounded badly is there an easy fix for it or would it require a big fix, like taking off the fretboard and getting access to the truss rod?

JAcksons pre 2004 seem to use a socket type of truss rod adjuster.

sometime around 2004 Jackson changed to a hex key for adjustment. I've found that it varies for each guitar. SOme take much smaller or larger hex keys than other....so your best to just buy both metric and imperial sizes and try one until it fits..

Comment

Originally posted by Brooke View Post
            JAcksons pre 2004 seem to use a socket type of truss rod adjuster.

sometime around 2004 Jackson changed to a hex key for adjustment. I've found that it varies for each guitar. SOme take much smaller or larger hex keys than other....so your best to just buy both metric and imperial sizes and try one until it fits..
            Imports still use the hex key adjuster.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
              Imports still use the hex key adjuster.

I've had (and still have one) Jackson professional series. they use the socket type of adjuster.

I've seen J1's with socket type of adjuster too.

Comment

I just noticed I meant to say socket.... DUR!

Comment

Working...
                X