Floyd rose installation cost.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd rose installation cost.

I love my jackson RR5, my first jackson has tons of sentimental value and its my #1, but i want to get a floyd preofessionaly installed in it (just so i dont screw it up) how much should that run me??

It would probably run about $125 in addition to the cost of the Floyd itself. Make sure you get someone who knows what he's doing though, there are nimrods out there who'll say they know how to do it and then butcher your guitar.
    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

There is some paint refinish work that needs to be done keep that in mind.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

The neck is angled back on the RR5 since it's string-thru, so it puts the bridge higher up. If you want a Floyd, you're going to need it to be non-recessed.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

+1
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I would look for anther on that already has a Floyd and keep you RR5 as a backup. If you can find a Rhoads Pro at a good price you wont be disappointed.
            Just one more guitar!

Comment

Yep, I talked to a few folks about putting a floyd on mine, by the time all the work was done, it really wasn't worth it. It ended up at over 300 bucks. I prefer a recessed Floyd, (can't have that, see toejams post), paint, etc..I passed on the idea.

Comment

Could always wait for an RR5FR, or like scotty said, wait for a used Pro to pop up. The actually installation job isn't hard per se, you just need to be careful and need a drill that will take bits up to a 1/2" for the posts, and be handy a with a dremel for the nut. the main cost is the actual Floyd. That said, you would need to put a Kahler nut on your guitar due to the inlays, and it wouldn't probably be as stable as a normal Floyd w/ a Floyd nut.

Comment

Working...
                X