Did J/C ever make active pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did J/C ever make active pickups?

I know they made active midboost & gain boost I believe I've read on here, but did they do EMG type pickups?

Thanks!
    Out Of Ideas

I don't think so. That's an EMG thang.
    I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Nope, they only made passive pickups that could be used with their active electronics.
      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

On Jackson EMG's were a option in the early day 84-86 but then again everything back then was custon order.

Comment

That's not the question. I'm feeling pissy. :ROTF: EMG's as an option on a Jackson guitar is not the same as Jackson logo'ed active pickups. I think.
          I am a true ass set to this board.

Comment

Not sure if this has been settled or answered. I have active pups on my 89 soloist. They look like EMG's with the Jackson logo printed on them. I'm guessing EMG made them for Jackson before EMG had made a name for themselves. All I know is they've always sounded great.
            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Some Jacksons and Charvels came with pickup systems, whereas the pickups themselves were passive, but there was an included preamp, within the cavity. Just because you have a battery in there does NOT mean you have active pickups.
              I'm not Ron!

Comment

Originally posted by Racerx2k View Post
                Some Jacksons and Charvels came with pickup systems, whereas the pickups themselves were passive, but there was an included preamp, within the cavity. Just because you have a battery in there does NOT mean you have active pickups.
                thats that's what I knew, somebody asked me if Jackson made active pickups but I wasn't 100% sure, and didn't wanna give them a potentially wrong answer
                Out Of Ideas

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                  Not sure if this has been settled or answered. I have active pups on my 89 soloist. They look like EMG's with the Jackson logo printed on them. I'm guessing EMG made them for Jackson before EMG had made a name for themselves. All I know is they've always sounded great.
                  No, EMG didn't make pickups for Jackson. Jackson made their own pickups in-house, and they're NOT active. They are passive and can utilize their active electronics. If you take the electronics out, the pickups will still work.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Jackson didn't have inhouse pickups until 86.
                    Last edited by jtr; 03-17-2008, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jtr View Post
                      Jackson didn't make inhouse pickups until 86.
                      were Jackson-branded pickups available prior to then?
                      Hail yesterday

Comment

No, and the branded pickups were probably made by some other company anyway. Just like do you really believe that they inhouse casted those shit JT6 they may have design them but they didn't make them or the pickups or the tuners ect.

Comment

"probably"? So you don't know either way? So everything you just said is supposition.

If you are correct, then you could argue that Jackson never made in-house pickups, let alone prior to '86. Although I see you've since edited your post to "have" rather than "make".
                          Hail yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                            No, EMG didn't make pickups for Jackson. Jackson made their own pickups in-house, and they're NOT active. They are passive and can utilize their active electronics. If you take the electronics out, the pickups will still work.
                            If they're not active then why do they get really weak when the battery gets low?
                            "You have a pud..your wife has a face. Next time she bitches..I'd play cock bongos on her cheeks..all four of them!" - Bill Z.
                            I just just had a sudden urge to sugga dick..! If I wore that guitar and didn't suck male genitalia..somethin' is very wrong! - Bill Z.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeStrat View Post
                              If they're not active then why do they get really weak when the battery gets low?
                              Because you have a battery powered preamp in the guitar, and when the preamp is off, there is no throughput from the pickups.

Comment

Working...
                              X