"Ping" Floyd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Ping" Floyd

I'm due an RR24 next week and remember there was talk about some being fitted with "Ping" Floyds instead of OFR's. Where abouts on the trem would I find evidence to prove mine is an OFR or Ping?
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Pings have a logo of somekind next to the whammy bar. IMO, they are floyds, just not the Made in Germany ones. They have probably moved a part of their production to other countries.

Comment

Thanks, I'll look out for that on Monday.
      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
        Pings have a logo of somekind next to the whammy bar. IMO, they are floyds, just not the Made in Germany ones. They have probably moved a part of their production to other countries.
        Kind of hard to argue with the Made in Germany stamp. These non German FRs you speak of ARE the Pings.

Comment

Originally posted by CharvelRocker View Post
          Kind of hard to argue with the Made in Germany stamp. These non German FRs you speak of ARE the Pings.
          Yeah, the ones with the made in germany stamp are the ones you should looks for. The ones on RR24 don't have that stamp. They also don't have that PING logo on them:

They could still be the PINGs though, just without the logo to fool other people .

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            I'm due an RR24 next week and remember there was talk about some being fitted with "Ping" Floyds instead of OFR's. Where abouts on the trem would I find evidence to prove mine is an OFR or Ping?

Hve you won the lottery or something?
            www.myspace.com/historyofheavymetal

Comment

No. I part-ex'd my DK2S for it.
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Is a Ping still better than a JT580 or is it utter cack?
                Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Eh, I would say it's about on par. I thought though the talk of those being Ping Floyds was washed away after a pretty indepth thread?

Comment

When i read the title i thought it was about some japanese clone of pink floyd! :ROTF:

Comment

Originally posted by Nazgul View Post
                      Yeah, the ones with the made in germany stamp are the ones you should looks for. The ones on RR24 don't have that stamp. They also don't have that PING logo on them:

They could still be the PINGs though, just without the logo to fool other people .
                      The made in Germany stamp is on the underside of the base plate.
                      Hard to tell where an OFR is made without taking it off the guitar.
                      The Ping Floyds also have the "Licensed under Floyd Rose patents" statement etched on them. They have to since they are not made by Floyd Rose.
                      The only non German made Floyds that are "real Floyds" are the Chinese made ones that came on Chinese made Floyd Rose guitars. The quality of them is not great, but better than most.
                      They don't get the "Licensed" statement because they are made for Floyd Rose by one of its manufacturers for use on a Floyd Rose branded product.
                      Last edited by rjohnstone; 03-17-2008, 08:29 AM.
                      -Rick

Comment

I replaced the 580 on my pre 2006 DK2 with a "ping" floyd and am very happy with it. Posts were a direct replacement and it's solid as a rock. When holding it side by side the the 580 you can definetly tell the difference in the materials used and the quality.

Comment

Thanks, and welcome!
                          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

Working...
                          X