pickup delema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pickup delema

hey guys i am a little confused on which pickup to put in what guitar to get best tone..curently bill and becky l-500xl in my jackson soloist p xl..a seymour duncan invader in the vandenberg and i have a seymour duncan jb for a project kramer f-6000..i installed the invader in the vandy and i don't really like it...it came with the jb and i didn't realy like that either...i 'm thinking the l-500xl in the vandy the jb in the soloist and the invader in the kramer any thoughts!just want some opinions before i go rippin' them all apart

thanks
    dennis

It really all depends on what woods your using and what kind of sound you want? I know the kramer is alder. As is the soloist, or it could be poplar too depending on when it was made. The vandenberg. Is it alder as well. Or is it mohagony? The Invader to my ears tends to be muddy in darker sounding woods. I love the JB with the right volume pot. Ive never tried a L500Xl but ive heard good things about them. What are these pups sounding like in each guitar?

Comment

soloist is poplar,vandy is mahogany,kramer is alder....the l500 sounds really good in the soloist but it is a little trebly..the invader in the vandy is pretty muddy and the kramer is in peices so it is going to get what is left over ...i did like the invader in one of my other alder body guitars.as for what tone iam looking for ... metal!but i do think the mahogany will tame l500 down a bit...and whats the point of having a pckup at an angle?

Comment

What you have are 3 totally different-sounding guitars with 3 totally different sounding pickups, but is your amp or preamp set to match each pickup/guitar setup?

You can't use one amp setting for all 3 and expect all 3 to sound good.

If you're using a programmable preamp, make a set of patches to match each guitar as they are now. However, don't try to get them all to sound the same - that defeats the purpose of having 3 tonally-different pickups. If you want them all to sound the same, ditch the 2 pickups you don't want and replace them with the one model you do want.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Try the 500 in the vandy, the jb back in the soloist. unless youve already done that and still dont like it then try other pups. Like a custom custom or a cst5

Comment

Working...
          X