Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me covering Blinded By Fear...

http://www.metalchick.com/nakoo/down...0By%20Fear.mp3

Recorded with my Peavey Wolfgang Special through my Line6 Spider 210.

Re: Me covering Blinded By Fear...

Wow, sounded like a cross between a dog barking and a bee in my ear. I can barely hear the guitar, bass sounds okay but sounds synthesized drums do too. Hi-hat is too loud, and a couple other things....other than that it sounded good....

Comment

Yeah, should've warned you about the vocals. And the guitar wasn't THAT low in the mix...check your speakers or something.

Comment

Yes, I was trying to balance things out...and the vocals were low in the mix mainly because I didn't want them to be the focus.

And one quick note about the guitar...the rhythm was actually two tracks...one played with the bridge pickup, one with both bridge and neck. I'm not sure why I did that, but I liked how it sounded.

And yeah, I DO need a real drummer. But it's impossible finding one in MA...that wants to play metal, at least.

[ July 20, 2003, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Emperor Nakoo Hiryuu ]

Comment

I checked it with another set of speakers and the guitar tracks lack definition.....too much of the smiley face eq, try adding some more mids........not a lot but just enough to bring out the attack of the chords otherwise it all mushes together. My 2 cents.

Comment

I agree, I think the guitar sound is quite alright for this kind of metal(just listen to Bloodbath, their tone is terrible but it fits nicely in with the music.) And your tone isn't bad anyway. You said that the vocals were intentionally turned down so I'm sure you can fix that if you ever want to. I could hear the beginning part and the endpart of the solo, but I think it does need to be turned up a bit so the middle part is a bit clearer. Otherwise very nice job! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by shortz27:
              I checked it with another set of speakers and the guitar tracks lack definition.....too much of the smiley face eq, try adding some more mids........not a lot but just enough to bring out the attack of the chords otherwise it all mushes together. My 2 cents.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You know I actually CRANKED my mids on my amp.

Comment

Overall, the song was really cool. I liked the beginning(except the buzzing part. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] ).

Vocals were too low in the mix, everything else was fine. Now all you need is a real drummer.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

[ July 20, 2003, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Word ]

Comment

The guitar has a real nice edge attitude/playing wise and the tone is ok for this music. I think the solo could've been pushed up more in my opinion. It's kinda less indistinct than it should be, it's there, it just was a hard listen as it seemed somewhat lost. I realize you probably want a balance being it's multitracked and all.

Comment

What kind of mic did you use? Was it right on the grill of the speaker or did you go direct?

Comment

What where your settings for amp type, bass, mid, treble, pres and gain. Sometimes the guitar can get lost with lots of gain, I am guilty of that myself cause it makes things easier to play and hides mistakes..........I'm trying to offer suggestions, I mean NO disrespect. Made me thing of the song in the first ACE Ventura movie. Cannibal Coprse was the band if I remember correctly.

Comment

Relax, I took it as constructive criticism. My gain settings are fairly low, and I backed off a bit on the bass, too...

I went direct...it's a Line6, after all.

And it's nice to see that I can get an At the Gates song to sound like Cannibal Corpse's "Hammer Smashed Face". [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Abosoloutely awful [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

And stuff like at the gates needs a good guitar tone, not some fizzy ****e.

[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

woof, woof
                            woof, woof....WOOF
                            [repeat]

Just thought I'd provide a lyric sheet. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Actually, I didn't think the mix was that bad.
                            This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

Working...
                            X