kahler spyder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kahler spyder

hey guys i just noticed that my kahler was susposed to have that auto latch system but it was removed...will that affect the trem at all for stability,playibility or was it pointless

My Westone came from the factory without it (even though the block seems all set up for it...)

Maybe they didn't come standard on all guitars, but the block used was common?

Not sure...
    "Wow,... that was some of the hardest rockin ever. Hardest to listen too."
    --floydkramer

Comment

Don't know for sure but I have one still in the blister pack.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

well i pretty sure it was one there because inbetween the springs you can see the little holes were it was screwed in...and for straycat if you got parts lying aroung how about some trem studs

Comment

Can't help you there saving my last set for my new project sorry.LOL
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

is it possible to still order them from the kahler site

Comment

Most Spyders didn't have it. It was mainly an optional add-on. Yours has the screw holes in the block, because they all do. I have one in my hands right now, and another one boxed up to ship to a forum member. I've never tried one with an autolatch, but I've heard they work very well. However, the trem is just fine without it.
              Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

no i got four little screw holes in the body and there is a part on the trem that says auto latch...i don't really care if i have it or not i just wanted to no if it effected it in anyway

Comment

The auto latch is a system that "keeps the guitar in tune during string breakage, note bending"..."it latches the tremolo into a non-movable fixed bridge..."

All it does is lock the bridge, your Spyder is fine without it.

http://www.kahlerparts.com/Zips/Auto...structions.pdf

Comment

cool...thanks guys

Comment

Working...
                    X