Ibanez LO-TRS Trem.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ibanez LO-TRS Trem.......

I just picked up a odd Ibanez today and it has the Lo- TRS trem on it. Anyone know if a Floyd will fit? This trem looks like junk and I remember reading something about them.Maybe its a Floyd2 that fits.Anyone out there know?........
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

IIRC, a Floyd will fit in the TRS route.
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Thanks,Bengal.I knew you would know..............

Comment

I did a search over at jemsite and found some posts saying that people have done it. The problem there lies with the people who want to swap a TRS for an Edge. That won't work but the OFR will.

Comment

The TRS is pretty much the equivalent of Jackson's JT-580LP. The OFR should fit no problem.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

The only thing I was thinking is the Lo-TRS is a low profile bridge. I don't know if the block is longer on an OFR. That might be the only problem there is, the block on the OFR is longer than the TRS and sticks out more.

I did read that someone took the block off a TRS and put it on an OFR and made it fit that way. I've never attempted anything like that so I don't know if it's even possible. But that may be the only problem you'll encounter.

Comment

If it's a recessed trem, the block should be 32mm on either OFR or TRS.

Comment

Yeah,it is a recessed trem.I took the Floyd off my Model 2 to see if it would fit.It did'nt because of the block.Toe,you are right,the block needs to be a little smaller.But every thing else will work.The Floyd I tried is at least 18 to 20 old.Thanks for the input guys.....

Comment

Yep, the Model Series has a non-recessed trem with 42mm block. Please take pics when the Ibanez is up and running.

Comment

I had (for a short time) an ibanez with that trem and it stayed in perfect tune. It was made by the same company as the older JT580s. Did you check it out before you tried replacing it. When it comes to ibanezes of course everything is crap next to the edge trems.

Comment

I cleaned it up and its not too bad,the guitar has just been abused.It must be some sort of mutt though,it is a single- 1 hum setup with a reverse headstock like a 565.But it has a rosewood board with binding and sharkies.Made in Japan neckplate. I thought about it being a Ex Series,but it's not marked as one.....

Comment

Working...
                      X