Carven pickups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carven pickups?

Hey I'm thinking about buying some new pickups, and was wondering if Carvin are any good? Dose any one have any advice.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Coyote; 03-03-2008, 08:56 AM.

Carvin? They are decent, but i wouldn't consider them for an upgrade really.
    The ones that were in my ultra v, i didn't really care for, but they weren't horrible, if i kept the guitar, i woulda swaped them out eventually.

Comment

+1 they are OK.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I've owned a number of Carvin guitars. The only ones I'd consider again are the ones in the Holdsworth model - the others all sound to harsh to me.
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

agreed, they are a bit harsh

Comment

You can get some Bill Lawrence models for the same money.
            please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I'd take BL's over Carvins anyday.
              Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

for the price of a used duncans($35-$50) i would not get carvins
                the carvins are not real good IMHO compared to duncan
                If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Comment

I have yet to find a Carvin pickup that I like. All of them are way to shrill for me.
                  I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Their main bridge pickup design keeps creeping closer to the EQ curve of a JB. But if somebody asks on their message forum if Carvin has anything similar to a JB, they usually get beat down pretty hard. I'd rather have a Steve's Special, but JB's are so plentiful and cheap.
                    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

I have the M22SD/M22V combo in all the three DC127 that I have and they sound excellent, much like the classic JB/Jazz combination. Great for about every kind of hard rock/metal stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X