RIP Myron Cope

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Myron Cope

Most of you probably don't know this guy, but he was the voice of the Pittsburgh Steelers for 35 years. He was also the inventor or the Terrible Towel and coined the phrase "The Immaculate Reception" when describing what is perhaps the most famous play in NFL history. He passed away this morning:

http://news.steelers.com/article/87345/

Wow. Lots of death yesterday and today...

Being a Cincinnati Bengals fan, I loathe all things Steelers. I really do. Except this guy. He was a class act and a great football broadcaster...

RIP Myron...
    I'm angry because you're stupid

Comment

Sad day in Tha 'Burgh.
      RIP Myron a true original
      Mr. Patience.... ask for a free consultation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bengal View Post
        Being a Cincinnati Bengals fan, I loathe all things Steelers.
        As a die hard Steeler fan, I can't say that I blame you As a Pirate fan also, I can somewhat relate to what it must be like to be a "Bungles" (another "Myronism") fan

Classy of you to show up in this thread given your allegiances

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
          As a die hard Steeler fan, I can't say that I blame you As a Pirate fan also, I can somewhat relate to what it must be like to be a "Bungles" (another "Myronism") fan

Classy of you to show up in this thread given your allegiances
          No worries. I respected his work. I just don't like the team. I was not very fond of the "Bungles" name, but it was very clever and fit at the time. I don't think we will ever be get rid of that nickname. A testiment to how clever he was...

Well, at least I have the Reds. At least that pro Cincy team has won a championship...

A Steelers fan in Bronco territory? How did that happen? All my family was born in Colorado. My Mom and both brothers and sisters. All Bronco fans except me. I like them alright, just not my favorite team. It's hard when Denver plays Cincy. If Cincy loses I have 5 straight phone calls talking shit. If they win, I don't hear anything. But then I'm the one on the phone calling them. It's fun...

Comment

I've only lived out here for 3 years...I'm from western PA. It's amazing how many Steeler fans are out here though...there a 3 different Steeler bars in the area. I wasn't well liked out here when we beat the Donkey's in the 2005 season AFC Championship

Comment

Originally posted by Rupe View Post
              I've only lived out here for 3 years...I'm from western PA. It's amazing how many Steeler fans are out here though...there a 3 different Steeler bars in the area. I wasn't well liked out here when we beat the Donkey's in the 2005 season AFC Championship
              Well you should not have been in that game at all. If not for a cheap shot by a former Bengal, you guys would have lost Wild Card Weekend...

But we don't need to talk about that...

Comment

Working...
              X