Floyd Anchors + studs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd Anchors + studs

I have an OFR rose which I will be replacing the pivot screws with an anchor and stud set. The pivot screws that were on the guitar tore the wood up pretty badly so I don't want to go down that path again.

So my question is do OFR replacement parts have the exact same dimensions as the originals? For instance I'm assuming these (halfway down the page)http://www.guitarnucleus.com/gnstore/tremolo.html#floyd will be suitable.

Are there any minute measurements or conformity issues that I should be taking into account?

Cheers

OFR replacements for OFR anchors are the same. I would verify with the store regarding if they are genuine OFR Schaller made, or "Lic. By" replacements. There should be no difference with the Lic. By, but I know for sure the OFR replacements are the same.
    Are you putting these in the same guitar? Are you doweling the existing holes and redrilling?
    I think I tell you have the original "wood screw" type right now (in the body?) Am I correct.
    Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Yep that is all correct. I ve routed out the split wood dropped another piece of wood in sanded any bits that needed smoothing and am about to spray the new bit of wood.

I still have the wood screws which I have thought about using but I think I prefer the anchor/studs option.

Comment

DONT get licensed ones, theyre JUNK. You can find genuine schaller/ofr studs and insert sets on eBay for around $20.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I'll check it out.

Comment

Working...
          X