The Philosopher cover by Severed Serenity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Philosopher cover by Severed Serenity

I mentioned that Steve and I just mixed up this cover at my place so I thought I'd post it. I might redo the leads cuz that scratchy sound is from that track. I think I might talk Steve into redoing the rhythm track with his new gear as well as adding my own track. (The guitars and drums were done eons ago)Die hard Chuck fans will notice the solo isn't exact [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] but I figured Chuck and Shannon put their own solos in the Painkiller cover just keeping a couple of the key runs so I did the same. Hope you like! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

http://onlinerock.com/musicians/sevser//philosopher.mp3

[ June 01, 2003, 08:03 PM: Message edited by: Dave ]
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Re: The Philosopher cover by Severed Serenity

That kicks serious ass! Now do Bite the Pain or Spirit Crusher [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Very well done.

Comment

thanks man thats that drummer that we were telling you guys about I wish we could get him in a real studio though , he just recorded that on his home studio set up he has , and we recorded the guitars bass and lead and vocals up here , he lives about 4 hours away from us so for any kind of jamming thing it would never work cause he doesn't have the dedication for something like that and his tastes are getting mellower every year , oh well thats what happens when some people get old I geuss , but I am glad we had him for a little while [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Very cool, nice playing, Steve, Dave! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Is that through the Traynor YCV80 amp?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

No, it's going through Steve’s old line 6. I think his XXL would sound much better. The YCV 80 would sound good too. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Awesome!! I haven't heard that song in a long time! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave:
                No, it's going through Steve’s old line 6. I think his XXL would sound much better. The YCV 80 would sound good too. [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Correction: I was mistaken, it was my YCV 80. Steve just set me straight on that. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

thanks for the comments guys ! [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Correction: I was mistaken, it was my YCV 80. Steve just set me straight on that. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, DUH! [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] Well It was suppose to be Steve's ahem...um er...rig, but we couldn't get it to sound right. Yes now I remember! [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]images/icons/blush.gif[/img] Well It was suppose to be Steve's ahem...um er...rig, but we couldn't get it to sound right. Yes now I remember! [img]graemlins/idea2.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                        <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/evilimages/icons/tongue.gif[/img] now my rig rules so shut up ! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] //Steve

Comment

Working...
                        X