Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used this stuff to clear coat a guitar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used this stuff to clear coat a guitar?

http://www.ketone.com/rm_aeromax_urethane_clearcoat.php

I love how it says "List Price: $36.50" and it's crossed out like they are changing the price and under the original crossed out price it says "Price: $36.50".

It seems expensive, but if you try it out, let us know how it does!
    Shibs

Two Reasons Why It's So Hard To Solve A Redneck Murder:

1. The DNA all matches.

2. There are no dental records.

Comment

Wow that's a tad expensive. I pay $75.20 for a gallon of clear and a quart of catalyst. That's 160 ounces of sprayable material at a cost of $0.47 per ounce. That aerosol product is $36.50 for 11.8 ounces, which is $3.09 per ounce! OUCH!
      I know that's not comparing apples to apples considering you need more equipment to spray the bulk stuff, but what scares me about the aerosol packaging is the average DIY guy treating it like any other aerosol and breathing the fumes. Pretty dangerous stuff there.
      My goal in life is to be the kind of asshole my wife thinks I am.

Comment

Thats the stuff the 'Paint Your Own Guitar' dude recommends. [edit] But you already knew that...
        750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
        Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

Man, at those prices, I'll stick with nitro, using the appropriate 3M NIOSH respirator, natch!
          Crime doesn't pay. Neither does lutherie...

Comment

Thanks guys I didn't even pay attention to the price. :ROTF:
            I have only used enamel and it sucks so I was trying to find something better. I like doing the work myself ,but to get it to look nice I might have to have my friend put his painting hat on. I ask him to help me with everything else

Comment

Working...
            X