Jackson Paint System Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Paint System Question

Was wondering if some body here could answer a question for me about Jackson paint systems used on their guitars? I am restoring my KV2 and was wondering if Jackson uses Nitrocellulose Lacquer or Polyester topcoats on their guitars? I am looking at doing a blending of the body into the neck and need to make sure of the paint system so I can get a proper match.

Dogue

Poly.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Definitely not nitro. The real question is: polyester, polyurethane, or urethane. I've always been unsure about which of those you might see on a stock Jackson. I recently restored a King V and used DuPont Chromabase color and DuPont Chromaclear, which are both urethane.

Comment

I am very used to and comfortable using DuPont Chromabase and Chromaclear system I have used it several times.It would be sweet if I can use that system. I am going to get into it this weekend I already have all the hardware stripped off. I am committed now LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
          I am very used to and comfortable using DuPont Chromabase and Chromaclear system I have used it several times.It would be sweet if I can use that system. I am going to get into it this weekend I already have all the hardware stripped off. I am committed now LOL.
          I documented the restoration on my King V if you want to check out the results I had with DuPont:

http://www.axewielder.com/King%20V%2...%20Machine.htm

Comment

Wow that is a great read i have book marked it as well for referance. Man the KV turned out real sweet!

Comment

Originally posted by dogueboy View Post
              Wow that is a great read i have book marked it as well for referance. Man the KV turned out real sweet!
              Thanks, and good luck!

Comment

I am also installing gold finished Gotoh tunners. I am trying to locate a gold Original Floyed for it as well if anybody would know of a reliable supplier that they have used for the Floyed that would be great. I emailed Frets On the Net so hopefully I will here something back from them.

Comment

Contact forum member Jacksonite I bought a floyd form him great guy to deal with.
                  Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Amazing job on that KV, Axewielder, can you belive it's the same guitar in the first pics!

Comment

The Dupont Chromabase/clear will work fine. Jackson as does Fender (poly) for the most part uses PPG brand, but both maufacturers make the same type of product.
                      Tone is like Art: Your opinion is valid. Listen, learn, have fun, draw your own conclusions.

Comment

Sweet that is what I wanted to hear. Thanks Bengal! That will work out well than. I will use the PPG than I have used it as well. I really do thank you all for your input. This is why I love this JCF.

Comment

Working...
                        X