I've crossed over to the dark side...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've crossed over to the dark side...

That's right kids, I've sold my Mesa and bought a Vetta. I don't expect to change anyones mind about this amp but I'm doing a few different styles of music now so it works well for me. Here's a folder w/ some samples of it. I've only had it 2 days so it'll take MUCH tweaking! Check it...
    http://www.ventt.com/audio/vetta/

M

Re: I\'ve crossed over to the dark side...

nice tones you've got there
    i really liked the recto sample

Comment

Holy Crap! That thing is amazing and I must have one...NOW!!! I love the tones you can get from that. I like everything about it. Your playing is damn good too!

Dave->
      Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Thanks guys! I'm really happy w/ it so far and I know I've only scratched the surface. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

M

Comment

Holy crap that sounds great! [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I also crossed over but not completely off tubes. I use a POD XT in the loop of my tube head and I have nearly any Tone and effect combo at my fingertips. Well actually my floorboard so that would be toes I guess. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] . Modeling has come such a long way and I beleive Line6 and Roctron are the leaders by far. How do you like running 2 different amp models together? Great sound depths can be achieved. The Vetta is a step ahead of the POD XT in flexibility and routing options
            but I think their solid state power section lacks a bit when near dimed but other than that they are amazing. Now if they made a Vetta with a tube power section that would be the absolute bomb.

Ric

[ May 17, 2003, 08:29 PM: Message edited by: Ric1983 ]

Comment

Hey Ric, I thought about the PODxt myself. I'm really digging the 2 amps at once thing. Talk about never ending possibilities! I know what you mean about the solid state amp, it can be a little cold but good God it's loud! [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

taht thing does sound really good...
                [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]
                Vettas serve well their purpose...

I will be buying a V-amp 2 soon to put in the effects loop of my rack....

Nice playing...

Comment

Originally posted by Ric1983:
                  Now if they made a Vetta with a tube power section that would be the absolute bomb.
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">you could get part of the way there with a v amp pro or pod (forgotten the exact name) rackmount versions with a power amp of your choice

you wouldnt get any of the special features of the vetta like two amps and stompboixes in the signal chain but that would get you modelling amps with a tube power section

David

Comment

Working...
                  X