Finally got the nerve to post!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally got the nerve to post!!!!

Hey all, well I finally have the nerve to post my Satriani-sh type tune. It's all mine but you can easily see the influence of him. Not that I'm anywhere as good and there are plenty of mistakes so please be kind!

slippin away.....

Dave->

[ May 16, 2003, 06:34 PM: Message edited by: budman68 ]
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Re: Finally got the nerve to post!!!!

I liked it. Nice playing, and a great job on the arrangement. I happened to have a guitar in hand while listening, and it was a blast to jam over as well.
    This electric phase ain't no teenage craze -UFO

Comment

i agree...very nice...good phrasing...nice sounding recording too...d.m.
      http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Dave steps up to the plate! Sounds great. Very Melodic, well done arangement.

You mp3 rates with those others here that priduce quality works. Tastefull and Not overplayed or sloppy.

So what software did you use,. What guitar and all?

Kevin

[ May 16, 2003, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: 83SanDimas ]
        It's not a competition, it's a community

Comment

I agree Dave you have produced a great melodic upbeat tune there. And well placed lead work I might add. I am sitting here watching the sun go down and playing your Mp3 over and over and this is definately a summer song. Another to add to the Ol' JCF collection I have in constant rotation. Who needs the stinkin radio when so much talent resides right here.

Ric

Comment

You guys are too kind. The equipment I used is as follows:
            -Charvel Model 6(my firecrackle [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] )
            -Alavarez Active 4 string Bass
            -Nady wireless
            -Boss Dr. Rythym 550 for the drums
            -Marshall solid state rack preamp
            -Yamaha FX500 rack(my own parameter settings)
            -Alesis midiverb rack(excellent wide stereo sound for recording!)
            -going direct into my Sound Blaster Live card and using Guitar Tracks Pro to mix.

Again thanks for the comments as they really mean a lot.

Dave->
            Dave ->

Comment

Dave, I am deeply impressed... you know I dont care too much about shredding and feel more thrilled by careful composition and tateful playing. That's what we have here I think... this piece goes to my pesonal collection!.

Thoughts:

1) The bass is well done!.. mine always comes out pretty crappy... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Do you run tha through your guitar setup?...

2) I can't believe this that is recorded direct using line-in!... I never got anything decent out of that configuration.

3) Can you please post that backing track... other people seem to want to play on top!.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

4) didn't know the Yamaha unit, are you going to make me buy one and try it?... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] same goes for the alesis!... can you plese e-mail me and tell me more about them?...

5) Exactly what Marshall preamp is that?...

Keep posting!...

Comment

Thank you Rodrigo, those compliments means a lot coming from you [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Quite honestly, just about all my stuff is outdated from the 80's or early 90's. I can't remember the last time I bought a new peice for my setup except for the Guitar tracks Pro software. I've been thinking about getting one of the Line 6 PODs or the V-Amp because everybody raves about them. Yes, I run the bass through the same setup and backoff on the lows on the preamp and run it through the Alesis midiverb III just for a little "spacial" clarity and reverb. You proboably never heard of the Yamaha unit because it's so outdated as I mentioned above. It's a Yamaha FX500, and it's a half rack unit but I actually was able to find the original Rack mounting brackets for it. The Alesis Midiverb III is soooooo underated! It's one of the best recording effects units ever made (IMHO)as far as sound quality and stereo separation. The Marshall is also another 80's piece that I just never got rid of. It's a Model 9000 single space rack unit, which was actually pretty cheaply priced. I would love to get a tube preamp but I just don't have a clue to which one because there are so freakin many different kinds!
                I'd be happy to send you a copy of the backing tracks if you want it but I feel kind of silly posting it on the board. As you can tell I'm not much of a shredder either, although, I'm so impressed with those who can!. Once again Rodrigo, thanks and if there is anything else just let me know.

Dave->
                Dave ->

Comment

Dave, yes, there is something else... I am confused with something... the guitar on the back... sounds acoustic... what is that?... I am sorry but I can't identify the sound... is it some kind of backing track from the DR-550?...

If I were you I would boost the level of the lead guitar by 3 dB.... don't be shy!... I think it would sound better but I am not 100% sure as your mix is already VERY good... try it and see...

Comment

OOOOOOOOOps! I forgot to add my acoustic! It's a Yamaha fg-350. It's a gorgeous acoustic that has rosewood sides and a split rosewood back. Very good Rodrigo!!!! See, you really are listening aren't you! The Dr. Rythym is just drums. I did all the strings on the track. I did double the acoustic and split it so it sounds fuller. In other words, I played the rythym on the acoustic twice, I didn't just copy the 1st rythym to another track because I think you lose some of the "natural" collaborative type sound. This way it actually sounds like there are 2 of me playing the rythym. As far as the lead volume, yes, I am shy.

Thanks Rodrigo,
                    Dave->

Thanks again,
                    Dave->
                    Dave ->

Comment

That sounded great [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Nice!! I really loved it! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks again , it really means alot. I appreciate you taking the time to listen to it.

Dave->
                          Dave ->

Comment

so you finally had the nerve to post something huh?......

POST SOME MORE!!!!!!!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

well done dude i really like it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Very nice! Good stuff, keep 'em coming.

M

Comment

Working...
                              X