Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know anything about this bass?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone know anything about this bass?

I have a 1984 USA made Charvel 4 string, serial number 3515. I don't know what model it is, or what kind of materials were used to make it. I know it has a Badass 2 bridge, an unfinished maple neck/fretboard, and that the original owner refinished it (it was originally bando tiger or something like that). So, I'd like to know if anyone knows anything about this particular model, and especially how much it's worth, because someone wants to trade me for my American Jazz Bass.

This is the Bass:

Thanks a lot.

i would say 800 to 1000 but that is just a guess. probably worth more i would trade a fender for that anyday!
    Last edited by peabuddy; 02-08-2008, 02:06 PM.
    The Truth Hurts Only If It's Supposed To !

Comment

Yeah, I think I'm gunna go for the trade, since I already have a Geddy Lee Jazz model, but do you have any insight as to what model this is? I can't find anything on it, which makes me a little weary. Would there be any tell-tale signs that this is a fake or an import model? It seems to check out from what research I did, but I have had no experience with Charvels prior to this.

Comment

Don't look like an import to me. It's an Explorer bass. Pull the neck off and see if there is any writing in the pocket or on the heel. A pic of the back couldn't hurt either.
        Scott
        Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

yeah there should be work order#s in the pocket & on the neck heal, along with initials & dates. IIRC the#s should be one off, the neck & body have sequential#s. or be the same #, i dont know when they changed. make sure the neck isnt twisted at all. but it looks nice to me. if it still had the original finish it would be worth alot more IMHO. explorer basses are pretty rare.

Comment

Back:

Headstock:

Neck Plate:

Comment

Working...
            X