bushing loose on my J580lp trem help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bushing loose on my J580lp trem help!

I noticed that the stud bushing for the bridges anchor screw is in the wood loose?
    if i do any crazy trem pitch raises it lifts out of the wood a bit and i have to press in back?
    what should i do take it out and glue it into the wood?
    If it's not a CHARVEL then i dont want to play it,look at it or even fuckin THINK about it!

Originally posted by savage View Post
    I noticed that the stud bushing for the bridges anchor screw is in the wood loose?
    if i do any crazy trem pitch raises it lifts out of the wood a bit and i have to press in back?
    what should i do take it out and glue it into the wood?
    Are you sure it's just "loose"?
    Check the surrounding wood and make sure it's not cracked.
    If all is well, a little glue should work okay.

Comment

If the body is fine and there are no cracks just pull the bushings out and use some thick super glue and push them back in place.
      The Nuno Washburn I just bought had this problem so I had to pull the bushings and re-glue them.No big deal shes as good as new now.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I would stay away from superglue... If you ever need to remove the posts for any reason, it will be much harder and could risk damaging surrounding wood. Use some wood glue... it will fill all the gaps but wont stick so much to the stud insert. It will hold just fine until you decide to take it out.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I've not had problems removing stud bushings that have been super glued I just heat the bushing a little with a soldering iron to loosen the glue and they pull right out.
          Wood glue works great for this too.Thanks Rob.
          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
          X