Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Road Rage.. something to listen to while speeding ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Rage.. something to listen to while speeding ;)

Well, I was screwin' around with an idea, and after sitting down and reading the manual to my Boss DR5 drum machine I finally figured it out!

Something different than I usually record, but oh well. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Here's the link, a few screw ups here and there, but over all I am happy with it. http://onlinerock.com/clubs/petrucci...//roadrage.mp3

Yeah, yeah, I know I screwed up on the seconed arpeggio sweep thing.. but I'm only human.. and the stretch screwed me up on the arp too. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] What can I say? It's sweltering hot down here, combine that with mononucleosis, plus my room is hot anyway, and I have no energy and this is what you get.. lol. I think I did pretty good for being real sick.

I hope you guys enjoy it.

Re: Road Rage.. something to listen to while speeding

Hehehe... that sounds cool! Kind of groovy... pretty clean technique!...

The drum machine IS a DR-5 I can tell!... nice you got it going... you could have done the bass there too you know... and made fills, and put some keyboards for backing, etc, etc.. those things are pretty cool... you know you can enter stuff in it by playing from your guitar, right?...

I would like to know what gear you are using in your signal chain...

IMO:

1) The tone of the guitar is a bit muddy in the riffs. Also, the clean could take some more tweaking to make it sound deeper...

2) Need to record mutiple tracks instead of a single one... you could use Guitar tracks 2.0...

In general composition and musical orientation is very good. Recording techniques could be improved (they have already from previous posts). You are almost there...

Comment

Well, I have guitar tracks pro..

Someone just had let me borrow a Digitech pedal of theirs, and so I just used it to record.

I could add bass with the DR5 tonight, I had just forgotten. lol

But I didn't know you could enter the keyboard stuff, bass stuff, and other instruments from using your guitar.. how do you do that?

Yeah, I also noticed that the riffs were a little muddy, maybe I should have backed off on the gain for the riffs.

Thanks for the compliment, man! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh yeah, I used my Jackson Dinky Reverse tuned to D, and sadly the guy who installed the new DiMarzios, he put them in the wrong spots(neck pickup in the bridge pickup and bridge in the neck) so, with the help of good ol' Gil(Jacksonfreak) I was able to rewire them! My first successful soldering job. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

I'll post pics later

Comment

It was ok.

I agree with rodrigo on the tone
          the clean part came in very cool, nice catchy rythym riff to
          the part with only drums somewhere in the middle was to long imo..

Comment

Thanks for the advice, Shakeel..

By the way.. I'd be willing to put the past behind us if you are. Let's forgive and forget.. I hate it when people stay mad at each other over a silly grudge.

Comment

The fun thing about drum machines is that you can program them to do inhuman drum beats. As long as you have that at your disposal, I would have programmed a drum solo that would have made Derek Roddy soil himself. I also have to agree with the distortion being a bit too much for the main riff.
              BTW, How can you get road rage? Do you have a driver's license? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
              I personally listen to The Crown's "Total Satan" when I have road rage!!

[ May 09, 2003, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: Ace ]

Comment

I don't have a drivers license.. I got the idea from the title of Marty Friedman's album "Music For Speeding"

For some reason, everyone I know is not a very agressive driver, and whenever I'm in their car and somebody in another car takes our parking spot, cuts in front of us, or other things then I'm the only one who gets super pissed. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ May 09, 2003, 11:02 PM: Message edited by: Word ]

Comment

Another good one Word. That pickup config gives the song a kind of Mojo too it. The clean was a little thin but very nice none the less. Good arrangement. I look forward to your next progression.

Ric

Comment

Opps double post Please Ignore.

[ May 09, 2003, 07:31 PM: Message edited by: Ric1983 ]

Comment

Originally posted by Ric1983:
                      Another good one Word. That pickup config gives the song a kind of Mojo too it. The clean was a little thin but very nice none the less. Good arrangement. I look forward to your next progression.

Ric
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks, bro. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, the pickups do give it a very individual sound, I think the coil splitting does too.. it's like it affects the sound even when the coil splitting is not on. I like it. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The digitech pedal my friend let me borrow does sound very thin indeed on the clean sound. It's not very expensive, so I guess that's why.. lol

Comment

The Digitechs are good for getting a TON of effects for next to nothing in price, but you never hear people record albums with them. They are good for experimenting with different effects and finding what sort of sound you want, without having to dump tons of money on dedicated units.

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                          Someone just had let me borrow a Digitech pedal of theirs, and so I just used it to record.
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah, that would be a digitech... mud monsters!... I should have known that from listening to it... and I am a big digitech/boss basher... [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Did you know I am selling my Voodu?.. that thing will get you to glory immediately.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Not trying to be a salesman but it does sound cool.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I didn't know you could enter the keyboard stuff, bass stuff, and other instruments from using your guitar.. how do you do that?
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">The DR-5 lets you enter notes by plugging a guityar where it says "Guitar in".. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ... chapter 8 in the manual man... e-mail me if you want me answer specific questions...

[ May 10, 2003, 12:40 AM: Message edited by: rodrigo_echeverri ]

Comment

Originally posted by Word:
                            Thanks for the advice, Shakeel..

By the way.. I'd be willing to put the past behind us if you are. Let's forgive and forget.. I hate it when people stay mad at each other over a silly grudge.
                            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's cool man, i listened the song again
                            how about when the drum rest comes in to lay some fast word-o-natic sweeps over it or something [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] just an idea tough [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

There's nothing wrong with a Digitech unit that proper EQing won't fix.

Newc
                              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                              X